• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    First of the year I always check expiration dates. I noticed my LTCH expires in May. Do I have to start from scratch with the prints, etc. ?

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    I believe so.
    If you can afford it, I would go with a lifetime license.
    That way you will not have to continue this process.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Lifetime. Only way to go, unless you're in your 90's!

More so when you're in your 90's. One less thing to forget! +1 for the Lifetime! (before they are repealed. uber-stress the purple! )

ol' poke

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's what I was afraid of. When I got my license I didn't think I'd be living here for more than a couple years. Well here I am needing to renew and I think I might be moving in the next year or so I'm back in the same boat as before.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's what I was afraid of. When I got my license I didn't think I'd be living here for more than a couple years. Well here I am needing to renew and I think I might be moving in the next year or so I'm back in the same boat as before.

Doesn't matter...Lifetime....Only way to go.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    What happens if you move within the state with a lifetime ltch? Do you need to update the address?
    I think the IN.gov (or indiana.gov ... can't remember) discusses this. You need to call them an update the address within their system. However, it's up to you if you want them to print you a new card for a fee. I think you are only obligated to update them (free), but not obligated to buy new card if moving within state.
    Anyone else can verify/deny this?

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I think the IN.gov (or indiana.gov ... can't remember) discusses this. You need to call them an update the address within their system. However, it's up to you if you want them to print you a new card for a fee. I think you are only obligated to update them (free), but not obligated to buy new card if moving within state.
    Anyone else can verify/deny this?

Yes you must notify them within 30 days (I believe) of the move. I don't know if you can do this online, I used a mail in form I believe. You do not need to get a new LTCH but you have the option for a fee.

Top Bottom