• Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I thought they did that a long time ago

This is a different issue:

DESCRIPTION OF THE HAZARD: Remington has determined that some Model 700 and Model Seven rifles with XMP triggers could, under certain circumstances, unintentionally discharge. A Remington investigation has determined that some XMP triggers might have excess bonding agent used in the assembly process. While Remington has the utmost confidence in the design of the XMP trigger, it is undertaking this recall in the interest of consumer safety to remove any potential excess bonding agent applied in the assembly process.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Even though I have a couple remington firearms, I don`t like the company at all. I won`t buy another remington. I`ll stick with Browning and Winchester...

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    My 700 was covered by both recalls. Not sending it back. The excess bonding agent (locktite) on the threads is moot as I readjusted the trigger, per owners manual, and the locktite is gone. Not giving them a chance to screw up something else. Works OK for now but an after market trigger will eventuall happen.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm surprised they're having this trouble again. Seems like that'd be the first thing they'd have working right.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm surprised they're having this trouble again...

I don't know why you would be surprised. As usual the sued company (or their insurance company) settled since that is less expensive than fighting the case (even if they were to win) and the "plaintiff's" attorneys got $12.5m. This is the normal pattern for frivolous lawsuits and only encourages more of them. Our insurance companies don't care as it's built into their business model and we ALL pay the costs through our insurance premiums.

Top Bottom