• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Announced yesterday, Remington is moving Its HQ out of commie NY to Troup Co., GA. Near 900 jobs and certainly a more positive atmosphere.

These states will continue to drive out businesses as long as they constrict them. Eat it NY.
    I am a former NYer. I can tell you that most of the population of New York welcomes the move as much as the majority of the population of Georgia.

The more rural areas of the State of New York are ran over by the ultra-liberal metro/NYC areas.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I am a former NYer. I can tell you that most of the population of New York welcomes the move as much as the majority of the population of Georgia.

The more rural areas of the State of New York are ran over by the ultra-liberal metro/NYC areas.
    Win-win. I'm hoping this venture will produce results for the consumer within 10 years. More time spent in development and MFG as opposed to constant litigation.

And glad to know you escaped. Happy to call you a Hoosier.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Moving HQ and moving factory is two different things.
    Remington says Ilion jobs will stay

Maybe in time they will shut down the leftist state firearms factory and move to a conservative state.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Moving HQ and moving factory is two different things.
    Remington says Ilion jobs will stay

Maybe in time they will shut down the leftist state firearms factory and move to a conservative state.
    My hopes are an additional facility in GA after a few years. It'll be a long term transition, but I see a plan developing.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Are we sure GA is a conservative state? Metro Atlanta.

GEORGIA is a state where wages are much lower than NY.
    GEORGIA is a state where taxes are much lower than NY.
    GEORGIA is a state where they give lots of tax breaks to lure companies and movies TV SHOWS to the area. Big tax breaks.
    To Remington it is only a cost saving measure.

I only care to see one thing happen. Bring Remington in line with the quality Fire arms they made say in 1982. An 870/700/541/1100 worth purchasing. If they can make a wingmaster of equal quality as my 1982 version that would get me to look at them again. I have looked I have attempted to brush aside my “express” expectations. Sorry but the noisy “rattle gun” mossburg shotgun is better gun new right now,

who cares about “Big Green“ until they can make a quality product.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Good for them….hope it works out and Big Green comes roaring back!!! I bought a rifle the other day they made in ‘56….. back when they built rifles and what a jewel it is. Hope they can get back to doing that!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Good move Remington! Glad some CEO came to their senses and started moving a firearms manufacturing company out of such an Anti 2A state like New York and take the jobs with them. Best of Luck, Remington!

Top Bottom