• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My buddy needs a scope base for his Remington 700 SPS tactical in 308. It's an older model that has the black hogue rubber stock instead of the swirley greenish ones they make now. To further date the rifle the barrel isn't threaded either.

Anyway, we popped the two piece mounts off it last night from his old scope and that's when I noticed the rear part of the receiver was flat. I thought all Remington 700's had a round receiver and this flat back type of receiver must have been an older style. Am I remembering things wrong here or getting it mixed up with Savages?

Either way, we're in a bit of a crunch for time and I need to help him get his rifle setup so he can shoot his first guardian match in less than a month. I'd like to see him get an all steel picatinny rail with 20 MOA built into it. If anyone has any suggestions or helpful advice I'd appreciate it.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Warne makes a nice one piece base but they are real proud of the base. Not 20 MOA adjustments either.

Guardian match i know nothing about but I take it long distance shooting is involved with a 20 MOA.

Warne one piece base warne QD Rings and a super sniper 12 power fixed scope.

You can then use that 12 power scope on other target setups like 100 meter 22 matches if needed.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Warne makes a nice one piece base but they are real proud of the base. Not 20 MOA adjustments either.

Guardian match i know nothing about but I take it long distance shooting is involved with a 20 MOA.

Warne one piece base warne QD Rings and a super sniper 12 power fixed scope.

You can then use that 12 power scope on other target setups like 100 meter 22 matches if needed.

Guardian matches are PRS "style" just a lot more friendly and casual atmosphere.
    He's already got a Vortex PST 6-24 from AAOptics to put on there so he's all set there. The super snipe scopes are only a crazy sale right now though too and if I had any excuse I'd be buying one for sure since those are a great scope.

Top Bottom