• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I am bad at remembering to sign up for the blood mobile when it comes to work every few months. I stood up to stretch today and looked out the window and saw it parked across the parking lot. It was a nice day, so I decided to take a walk over and see if they were busy. Got me right in, no waiting. My blood pressure was 125/79 and pulse was 47 (lady said I may be dead :):).

Guy hit the vein on the first try, but he did have to look for it for a while. It felt like he had to wiggle the needle to get the blood flowing, but no bruising.

I looked at donorpoint.org and it's been 16 months since I last donated :(

As a bonus, they give you your total cholesterol on your online account, so I'll get to see how eating better and losing weight has helped. Last time it was 192. I like seeing the history of my numbers.. makes me feel better about not going to the doc very frequently.

So here's your friendly reminder... go donate, if you can :patriot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks for the reminder, Perry. I usually give annually at my frat's blood drive, but I missed this year.

Hmmmm... maybe we could organize an INGO blood drive?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for the reminder. I was in the habit of going to donate every 56 days and then wound up temporarily unable to donate. However that has long since passed. I REALLY need to get back in the habit. There's no excuse besides me being lazy and occupied with other things. Perhaps I will head down there on my next day off.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    The sole reason I do not donate blood/plasma is the fact that I am terrified of needles.

Ya'll are much bigger men/women then I am.

Top Bottom