• ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Holy B'jeebus!

Whoever though it was a good idea to fasten the stock on a shotgun with a 1/4-28 SLOTTED head bolt should be shot....I had to beat an extractor deep into the hole just to get the OEM one out.

Does anyone make a replacement bolt that is a hex/7/16 or torx or allen or anything other than a slotted head?

Think I could just weld a bolt to the head of the old bolt?...Ive got a MIG welder.

Please and thank you
    God bless
    -Shred

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Holy B'jeebus!

Whoever though it was a good idea to fasten the stock on a shotgun with a 1/4-28 SLOTTED head bolt should be shot....I had to beat an extractor deep into the hole just to get the OEM one out.

Does anyone make a replacement bolt that is a hex/7/16 or torx or allen or anything other than a slotted head?

Think I could just weld a bolt to the head of the old bolt?...Ive got a MIG welder.

Please and thank you
    God bless
    -Shred

The factory bolt on my 870 is hex. :dunno:

Edit: No it wasn't, it's just been so long since I replaced it that I forgot. All the aftermarket stocks I've had have come with hex-key bolts though.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have seen one with a screw :-( PIA too. If you call Remington they will sent you a allen head screw for free.

Top Bottom