• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

it did, i thought nikon had come out with some new reticle that i was unaware of by the way you were talking. when you said it had lines going threw the circle that kind of threw me for a loop. that is the same reticle i hate. if you have not tried that reticle past 300ish yards yet you will understand what im talking about when you do. everyones definition of "long range is diffrent" if your definition is 200 yards you wont cocmpletly hate that reticle.

arbys1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do 6" groups from a mossberg 500 12 gauge at 300yards count. I have the 3x9x40 slug hunter 2 circle reticle. I took it off that gun & am now a dedicated archer. It took all the challenge out of hunting Deer. Put it on my 10/22 now its a great 200yard critter slayer. I mean we could go back an forth like this for days. My only point was its very user friendly for a novice to get up & running that's all. I checked out some Vortex glass & liked some of the mid grade stuff. Do you ever have any smoking hot deals for INGO bretheren?

Ps: Sorry to get you confused on the reticle. Thought we were on the same page with the circles being open & the defined aiming points were at 12:00 & 6:00 on the circles.oh well no big deal. Oh & were you able to check out any of software all. Just curious what you thought.:D

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Do 6" groups from a mossberg 500 12 gauge at 300yards count. I have the 3x9x40 slug hunter 2 circle reticle. I took it off that gun & am now a dedicated archer. It took all the challenge out of hunting Deer. Put it on my 10/22 now its a great 200yard critter slayer. I mean we could go back an forth like this for days. My only point was its very user friendly for a novice to get up & running that's all. I checked out some Vortex glass & liked some of the mid grade stuff. Do you ever have any smoking hot deals for INGO bretheren?

Ps: Sorry to get you confused on the reticle. Thought we were on the same page with the circles being open & the defined aiming points were at 12:00 & 6:00 on the circles.oh well no big deal. Oh & were you able to check out any of software all. Just curious what you thought.:D

i really dont ever look at software. as i said i prefer to send bullets down range to find my dope. most software out there follows the same principals with diffrent reticle data.

i always have smoking hot deals for ingo memeber. i sell everything at the absolute minimum price im allowed to sell by vortex. if your interested in somthing specific let me know.

im not trying to start a debate, its just my personal preferance that circles are bad ideas. the only way ive found them to be useable at extended ranged (300+yards) is using the 12 oclock and 6 oclock aiming points as you mentioned and i just dont like extra stuff in the reticle im not using (like the circle besides the area it crosses the main crosshair)

arbys1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Agreed no debates I'm tired of scopes for now anyways. But seriously how would you say vortex high end compares to swarovski glass. I'm getting serious about a high end optic for a .30 AR build. I have a pair of original Swaro Habicht 7x42 glasses they've been passed down 4 generations. And are the most amazing glasses I've used. I hunt camp hike a lot & the glass is pristine after around 60 years. Didn't know if there were any insights you could lend. Thanks

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Agreed no debates I'm tired of scopes for now anyways. But seriously how would you say vortex high end compares to swarovski glass. I'm getting serious about a high end optic for a .30 AR build. I have a pair of original Swaro Habicht 7x42 glasses they've been passed down 4 generations. And are the most amazing glasses I've used. I hunt camp hike a lot & the glass is pristine after around 60 years. Didn't know if there were any insights you could lend. Thanks

actually i usto work for swarovski doing demo videos so im very familiar with their glass. ive looked threw most scopes out there. imo the current swarovski z6 glass is the best there is. some of the upper ennd zeiss glass i have not seen yet, but comparing what ive seen the z6 wins.

the razor line is not very far behind. they are behind but not by enough that average joe will notice any diffrence. the razor line will defintally be better glass than the habicht line. that is for sure, but comparing them to the latest and greatest from swaro id say the swaro gets the advantage.

if your talking about binos/spotters you also have to compare the warrenty, durrability, and cost. the razor has a much better warrenty than swaro, they are more duarble (this is a trait that most users wont notice because most users aren't as rough on there optics as i am durring demos) i do my demos for the worse case scnerios i can think of. and the biggie is price. top of the line swaro spotters cost 3000 bucks. the razor costs 1600. they are 2x the price and in no way 2x the quality.

on the bino side its 2900 vs 1200. yes the swaros are a little better but no where near 2.5x better

Top Bottom