• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    have a ? some of the guys i work with have started to ask me to load ammo for them. How can i do this with out being liable. ( put stickers on the boxes that say all reasonable saftey has been taken in loading of this ammo and I assume no further reasponsability.) and have them sighn a paper that says I will not be held liable.

Thanks

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    dont do it... i looked into that for a long time... if you are doing it for profit then you will need a type 07 FFL IIRC..... if THEY supply the casing then you can load them up for the, but if you are concerned about liability then have a attorney write up a waiver for you... if you are loading ammunition for profit though you will have to charge the ammunition excise tax which is 11 percent i believe...
    stay away from it if you want my .02

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You can't do it without being exposed to liability. Waivers aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Show 'em how to reload, and have 'em do it themselves. The hobby needs as many people as possible anyway :)

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    Teach them to reload and let them use your equipment. My buddies have bought accessories and powder measures in order to make it easier to switch out Dillon 550 heads so they can load their specific calibers.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    the license will run you 75 bucks for 3 years i believe. and i know for a fact in marion county you cannot obtain one... i tried... plus with reloading components in short supply why would you want to give them your products? if you really dive into the economics.... the cost of insurance the licencse fee and having to track down that quanity of components it becomes pretty overwhelming..... if you want to take my advice and just reload for yourself then you will save yourself hours of research... i put alot of time into looking into this and even formed an LLC to do it... called Indygunworks LLC.... hence my INGO handle.... dont waste your time looking into it, you will find that if you want any sort of protection or coverage you will end up paying 5k a year for MINIMAL coverarge, and it will take at least 3 months to get a policy written.

Top Bottom