• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikescetme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Do you mean those people who the DHS now classifies as domestic terrorists?
    was not looking for domestic terrorist, my brother used to do re inactment , he now has damensia , i have a case of 7.62 blanks i would donate , but now i think that might just be a abad idea , just need to figure out what to do with them , thank you for your help ,

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Do you mean those people who the DHS now classifies as domestic terrorists?
    It’s funny that you say this. I do WWII reenacting (see my avatar) and we had a guy in our unit that was super friendly. He was always asking about our weapons, and he attended all available re-enactments. He occasionally asked about politics, but he wasn’t pushy. At the end of a year, he called our squad leader and said that he wasn’t supposed to do this, but he informed him that he was with the FBI and they were investigating re-enactors for terrorism or white supremicist ties. He said he had a really “fun” year, and did not want to just disappear without anyone knowing where he went. He said he gave us a totally clean “bill of health”, and we never saw him again.

mikescetme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Consider donating them to the honor guards who perform memorial services (21 gun salutes) for veterans. Here are some phone numbers you could try. They perform graveside as well as at funeral homes. A great service for families of veterans.
    https://www.militaryonesource.mil/resources/tools/military-funeral-honors-directory/

View attachment 271336
    i actually did honor guard while in the army , we used our m16 , it was a honor to do it , we was on call for 2 weeks i believe

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Reenactment? There are a lot of them around famous dates in history around Indiana. Check on local historical associations for their schedules.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Reenactment? There are a lot of them around famous dates in history around Indiana. Check on local historical associations for their schedules.
    Those probably aren't reenactments that would use 7.62x51 though. I'm thinking more along the lines of black powder rifles and pistols.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    With all due respect, you may be correct but at least I got the spelling of the thread title correct from the original thread title in my response post. LOL!

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Consider donating them to the honor guards who perform memorial services (21 gun salutes) for veterans. Here are some phone numbers you could try. They perform graveside as well as at funeral homes. A great service for families of veterans.
    https://www.militaryonesource.mil/resources/tools/military-funeral-honors-directory/

View attachment 271336

If you are a veteran and especially if you are retired so you have free time during the week consider joining your local American Legion. Then become a member of their Honor Guard, it will make a difference in your life and to the families of the veterans. I belong to a small/medium size American Legion Post and many times we struggle to have enough HG members attend funerals.
    Our set up needs 14 members to be a full squad and 10 at a minimum to have 7 riflemen. There are times when we did not have the full seven. We have also joined with another near by Post and sometimes help each other out with bodies. Jim.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Spoke with a young man at Sportsman Warehouse (Brownsburg) last week and he said he was into it. He was working the gun section and once stating on Civil War reinactments it was hard to get away from him.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    One of the best Indiana CW events is at Hartford City in October. We have been going for years (as Union Navy) and it rarely disappoints. Conner Prairie used to be good but they killed it years ago. Billie Creek is this weekend over near Illinois.

Top Bottom