• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    I have heard of whitetail properties scamming both sides. they buy and clear-cut to sell back. i'd be leery and diligent
    I sold 20 acres 4 years ago through Whitetail Properties and I'd give them a very good recommendation. If you personally know of a situation where they did this then that is different.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I just got an unsolicited offer in the mail with a CASH offer of $40,002.75 for a tract of 25 acres that I own of prime hunting ground. Do you think I should accept that generous offer? Especially since it has not been timbered since 1990 and probably has many times that offer in just timber.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Never have I ever received a mail offer for my property until after I read this thread.

40k for 8 landlocked acres

L C H

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2022
    Bedford
    I just got an unsolicited offer in the mail with a CASH offer of $40,002.75 for a tract of 25 acres that I own of prime hunting ground. Do you think I should accept that generous offer? Especially since it has not been timbered since 1990 and probably has many times that offer in just timber.
    I got a similar offer today, probably the same outfit from North Carolina.

BrockStrader22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Covington, IN
    I will give you $42,003 to make it easy.
    I'll 1 up Chevelle and give you $43,000 so you don't have to deal with small bills. You should write back "Add another zero, Bud!" <- (one of my buddies was social media famous for a few days and got an offer for $100 to wear some companies shirt and hat for a video, that was his response, didn't work but it should have.)

Dholcomb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2022
    Indiana
    Our deal is likely going to fall thru. Title information showed owner signed a neighbor windfarm agreement (this was not disclosed until now). Records show connecting land recently created easements for windmills. Bummed. Just glad I picked it out of the multiple pages of information provided prior to closing.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Once the land is sold you cant get it back. Sadly its one of the few ways to build generational wealth. There is an excellent podcast called the "hunt quietly." He really makes a lot of good points. If the price of land gets to be unattainable for the average guy then many of the things associated with it are subject to the whims of those who can afford it ie hunting, fishing, farming.

Top Bottom