• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I also purchased a Daltech Force belt. It's not the bio-belt mentioned above, I bought the dual layer stitched bull hide belt. Very heavy grade leather, strong, and has more holes than the average belt so get a much nicer fit.

https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts/stitched-bull-hide-dual-layer-gun-belt

I also have a couple of Galco belts, they also make a very nice product, but the Daltech is nicer.

Beltman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2016
    USA
    As an addendum to my previous post, I wanted to make sure that Sporter is aware of my offer to replace his belt if it was made incorrectly. But I'm not able to send him a PM because I don't have 50 posts yet, so if any member here would be kind enough to send him a PM on my behalf and let him know, it would be greatly appreciated. :yesway:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    As an addendum to my previous post, I wanted to make sure that Sporter is aware of my offer to replace his belt if it was made incorrectly. But I'm not able to send him a PM because I don't have 50 posts yet, so if any member here would be kind enough to send him a PM on my behalf and let him know, it would be greatly appreciated. :yesway:

Good stuff.

I have a Beltman belt and will certainly buy more in the future.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Hey Sporter, I hope you don't mind if I respond to your comment. But we've gotten a rash of questions recently about the length of the "lead part" (tip) on our belts and I think some of those concerns may be based on this post. Beltman gun belts have a center-fit-hole-to-tip distance of 6-1/4". So if the belt was ordered correctly, it should fit properly with the prong in the center fit-hole, and you should have 6-1/4" of tip coming out of the buckle. But our belts are handmade, so it's possible that we screwed up and cut the tip incorrectly on yours. If that is the case, please PM me and we will replace it for you.

And as a side note, over the past few months we've purchased belts from nearly all of the big-name leather gun belt manufacturers on the market (nice to keep up with what the competition's doing) and they all have very similar center-fit-hole-to-tip distance, give or take about 1/2". In fact several brands have EXACTLY the same tip length as Beltman belts, and since those brands came to market several years after the Beltman, I'll consider that a form of flattery. :cool: And the "BIG" competitor that came stomping into the market a few months ago has tips that are a full 1/2" shorter than ours. So if anyone has concerns about the tip length on our belts, I can assure you that they are pretty much standard for a leather gun belt.

Thanks for the post.

I will get my belt out and post up a picture tomorrow.

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Another vote for the Bio-belt. I don't think it will ever loose its rigidity. Only wish they offered a 1.75" version.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Been wearing this Galco Instructors Belt 1.5in since '07.
    No complaints other that it's just now showing a little fray at the end and the closure is starting to give up. Still outstanding being it's my belt of choice for the "All You Can Eat China Buffet" because of the adjustable velcro.

I'm definitely due.

mikebass78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    USA
    I've tried lots of GUNS belts...nothing from any of the big name belt guys. But high quality thick belts... I had one on order from aliengear,but cancelled after I found out it was going to take 8 weeks, So in the mean time, I've bought an Uncle Mikes Instructors Belt, from Amazon, less than $30 bucks, and I like it better than the 5 belts I've tried. It's sturdy, haven't tried with something really heavy, as my carry guns are only 20oz or less.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hey Sporter, I hope you don't mind if I respond to your comment. But we've gotten a rash of questions recently about the length of the "lead part" (tip) on our belts and I think some of those concerns may be based on this post. Beltman gun belts have a center-fit-hole-to-tip distance of 6-1/4". So if the belt was ordered correctly, it should fit properly with the prong in the center fit-hole, and you should have 6-1/4" of tip coming out of the buckle. But our belts are handmade, so it's possible that we screwed up and cut the tip incorrectly on yours. If that is the case, please PM me and we will replace it for you.

And as a side note, over the past few months we've purchased belts from nearly all of the big-name leather gun belt manufacturers on the market (nice to keep up with what the competition's doing) and they all have very similar center-fit-hole-to-tip distance, give or take about 1/2". In fact several brands have EXACTLY the same tip length as Beltman belts, and since those brands came to market several years after the Beltman, I'll consider that a form of flattery. :cool: And the "BIG" competitor that came stomping into the market a few months ago has tips that are a full 1/2" shorter than ours. So if anyone has concerns about the tip length on our belts, I can assure you that they are pretty much standard for a leather gun belt.

For what it's worth, I have a Beltman belt. A few years ago I sent the measurements off, and it was the right size when it arrived. And it's a quality belt.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey, Beltman! Welcome to INGO!

I bought a belt from you years ago. You added a metal strip in between the two layers of leather for me to make it stiffer and it worked great. I wore it for a few years and it gave great services! Time, perspiration, and stress from being around my belly eventually stretched it, then I went to synthetics.

Top Bottom