• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    Hello, all. I posted something similar on another forum but want to get opinions here as well. I'm looking for my next concealed carry pistol, and my preferences are below. Some preferences are firmer than others.

The pistol must be/have:
    9mm
    Compact and concealable for someone with an average or thin build (I would love to carry a Beretta 92, but I don't hide it well)
    Polymer
    Striker-fired
    Red-dot ready
    The ability to co-witness the iron sites with the red-dot
    Night sites
    No manual safety
    Readily available (no obscure or hard to find models)
    Affordable (around $600 or less, though I'm flexible on this)
    Available holsters
    Available and reasonably priced magazines

At first, I was strongly considering a Glock or S&W M&P, but have since been thinking about the Hellcat PRO and Sig 365 XL.
    Thanks for your recommendations.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    P365 or 365XL all the way. I carry a G48 and like it, but if I wasn’t so heavily invested in the Glock platform (and the 92G, LOVE me some Beretta 92!), I’d carry a P365. Heck, I’ve toyed with the idea of switching, just haven’t yet.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Shield Plus. 13 +1 cap in the same size as original 8+1 Shield.
    Tons of holster choices. Cut for optics, night sights, no manual safety, not sure about co-witness.
    Best part......Bud's Gun Shop and Palmetto State Armory both just dropped the price to $449 for the bundle with 4 x13 rnd mags and 1 x 10 rnd mag.
    Just bought one myself, today.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

1660704905001.png

Basically a Glock 19 size.
    I have the P10F because I can hide a large pistol. It's been flawless. Trigger out of the box is better than most. The more you fire it the better the trigger gets.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    yjItci1.jpg

And SIG is running a promo for P365's right now I believe a 50 round box of ammo and a extra magazine for free. Out of all the new "one and a half" stack 9's I very much personally believe the SIG is the best right now. M&Ps usually have sub par triggers at best , and hellcats are not much better and much more snappy than a P365 IMHO.

The P365X is my personal favorite variant, very easily carried and I am a skinny guy. Plus the newer P365's come with separate rear sights for better cowhitnessing , though the gutter on the back of the Holosun 507K works well for what it is honestly.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Own and shot both models of the Shield plus and consider it best in the class you are talking about. As a side note recently ran a couple hundred rounds through a PSA dagger and was VERY impressed with it. Parabellum has one on the rental wall if anyone is interested in rounds down range testing. Been carrying some form of Glock 19 for several years and surprisingly I can't find any flaws in the dagger. YYMV

Top Bottom