• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I took Rhino's comment to mean that he specifically does not like the twisting endcap for constant on because it takes two hands. To me not a big deal for a defensive light. For a general purpose light I actually like the clicky tailcap. I still usually carry my E2DL at work because I like how the tail cap is protected and it is easier to turn on with one hand.

And you took it correctly, sir!

I do have several SureFires that are twisty, but I still prefer clicky if I have the option.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    And you took it correctly, sir!

I do have several SureFires that are twisty, but I still prefer clicky if I have the option.

Well I have both and I prefer the twisty. :stickpoke: :laugh:

Ever wonder how grown men get into a conversation about whether they like it clicky or twisty.....

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What if you want to be able to leave it on and have only one hand available? Being able to click is more useful to me than lacking that option. Unless you're talking about accidentally clicking it on when you're not really using the light, I don't see accidentally clicking as that much of a problem. If it clicks, clicking again isn't a big deal to get it back to momentary.

You also can modify clicky switches so that they are unlikely to click when you don't want them to click, but you can still click with your thumb if you really need to click.

Oh good, something else we can disagree on, I was starting to think we might never be able to get into an argument.:D I have to say I am with Evan on this one. It is more important to KNOW that light is not going to stay on than just about any other feature. Like many things light is best if use judiciously. For utility uses, I can always do the twist.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Check out the Olight M20S. It is great, with 3 settings plus strobe. It remembers the last setting too. Comes in a nice hard case and includes a light pouch. I've used mine a lot and love it so much that I'm thinking about buying another one.
    Amazon.com: Olight M20S R5 Cree XP-G R5 LED Warrior Special Operations 320 Lumen Tactical Flashlight with Side Switch, Black: Home Improvement

One thing to note on the Olight M20S...when the batteries get low and you have the light set to a higher lumen setting the flashlight will default to the lowest setting (5 lumens). This is a real pain when you try to momentarily activate the light at 320 or 110 lumens and you get (and keep getting) 5. This is not my ideal setting for which I want to be scanning my surroundings when I suspect a threat. I know about this because I have an Olight M20S and its batteries are low. :): I know, simple fix; change the batteries. Still, you might want to consider this feature of the light. I think I would prefer a light that warns of battery power loss via dimming.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh good, something else we can disagree on, I was starting to think we might never be able to get into an argument.:D I have to say I am with Evan on this one. It is more important to KNOW that light is not going to stay on than just about any other feature. Like many things light is best if use judiciously. For utility uses, I can always do the twist.

Heh! I hate it when that happens!

Okay ... 'splain to me your personal reasoning why it's a big deal if it gets clicked on when you don't want it on. Can't you just . . . click again?

If you're at contact distance trying to smash someone with your light, I'm not seeing why it matters if the light is on or off or even if it functions or not. Perhaps I am naive.

Keep in my mind that my primary influence is Louis A. If it comes to actually shooting, I want my light to stay on. Trying to be sneaky and move and strobe is cool before that happens, but when shooting starts, I want the light "on" until I'm ready to turn it off.

I suppose what one's primary intent for a light probably plays a factor here as well.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    The new Gen 2 4Sevens lights are coming in tomorrow. 20% increase in light output, runtime and price stay the same.

Search Results: gen 2

We don't have the exact outputs yet, so the old ones are listed. 4Sevens once again beats everyone to market with the latest and greatest LED.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    Anybody with connections know when SureFire will be getting LX2's to vendors? They're all backordered right now.

I was told mid to late September, which could mean mid to late October........

I've been setting guys up with these instead. Similar beam (actually a little brighter) and similar throw. The switching is different, so it depends what you need/what.

Quark Turbo QB2L Gen 2

Top Bottom