• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    The cheapest Id go is Streamlight TLR series. I have a TLR-1s that does the job. Cost me $120

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I would go Streamlight TLR-1 for around 100, or the Inforce APL can be had for around 120ish. Both good lights.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Momentary on rocker on the TLr1 allows you to bump the light on as long as you wish. The opposite direction with the switch is positive on. Both positions are useful when sweeping an area.
    I have these lights on 1 of my AR's, my 870, and my night stand gun. They are very bright and reliable.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Go to Amazon, find one in your price range, and see if you can find a review on YouTube. Most are going to say either surefire or streamline, but there are a bunch on Amazon at your price point <$50. You never know. A few years back, I would have turned my nose up at a $100 trs-25 red dot, but after seeing reviews and hearing feedback, it's solid.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have a Nebo Protec190. It's been a good light. it is 190 lumens and $35. It has survived four trips to the range and 100's of rounds.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have the TLR-1 and the Inforce. I like them both, but I believe the TLR-1 is brighter and more durable.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Instant on/instant off allows for identifying target pretty quick. Let go of the switch and the light instantly turns off lessening the time that you could be identified as a target.

I agree with wanting a momentary on function, but you may want to reconsider using a weapon mounted light to identify targets. A handlheld light will allow you determine if somone is a threat without pointing a gun at them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with wanting a momentary on function, but you may want to reconsider using a weapon mounted light to identify targets. A handlheld light will allow you determine if somone is a threat without pointing a gun at them.

True. "BUT"........what if they are an immediate threat. They light can and will stun in a dark area but if you are already made........Just anther way of looking at this.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I prefer the TLR-1S

I like the strobe option.

I think Chez also makes a good point that having a non mounted light gives good options. One of which is not pointing the gun at or near your sleeping children while doing a house check.

Top Bottom