recomendations for selling a collection of Winchester M70's and more?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    Met with a widow tonight who wanted my input on how to sell her husbands collection of guns. About 5 minutes in I realized I was in over my head. Pre 64 model 70's from 22 hornet to 300 H&H. Unertl, leupold and Redfield scopes on most. Most appear, and some are tagged unfired. The engraved Model 12 shotguns are probably worth more than my house. Does anyone have any experience with the big auction houses?

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Get with one of the big auction houses, like Rock Island. She won't be cheated by someone who feeds her a line of BS about how much they are worth.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Get with one of the big auction houses, like Rock Island. She won't be cheated by someone who feeds her a line of BS about how much they are worth.

I have to agree. Reputable is the watchword.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Don't auction houses ream people both ways with selling fees and buying premiums?

Could create a gunbroker account and list them one by one on their, payment my certified check or cashier's check only, then find a FFL to ship them for you if you don't want to, or can't (depending where it's going)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    How much time are you willing to invest, Joe? Goodness of your heart? Or a percentage basis? Sounds like taking the pictures alone would take a week.

The auction house would probably be the least hassle to a pretty large audience of knowledgeable collectors.
    Two at a time on Gunbroker would bring income for a fair amount of time but I expect she'd like to be done with this fairly quickly.

Top Bottom