• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Placed an order of brass and bullets with Brownells, in December. Recieved an email in January that the package had been delivered. Never found the package. Checked with my two neighbors. Nothing.

Contacted Brownells and they said they would check into it and let me know something within 72 hours. Never heard from them, in their time frame.

I called them back. They told me they would contact FedEx and let me know something.. Again, no return call from Brownells, so I contact them. Again.

They informed me that FedEx had initiated a lost package claim and it could take up to 45 days for them to settle it. After thinking about it for a couple of days, I called Brownells back and told them that I just wanted them to refund my money. They items that I had ordered were now out of stock.

Lady said she could not refund my money and that I would need to talk to one of their "coaches". After 45 minutes on the phone/hold, I get the same answer from the "coach". I told her that was unacceptable. They were the ones that hired FedEx to deliver their packages, not me. The coach told me that I would have to speak to a supervisor.

Same song and dance from the supervisor. No refund until FedEx closes their case. She assured me that they would contact me as soon as they heard something. I told her that I had been told that three times already, with no follow-up on Brownells end, so I didn't have any faith in her assurance.

I know they are stupid busy but they already have my money and now the product is not even available. Should I continue to wait or should I contact my bank and have them dispute the charge?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Sorry brother, you’re almost certainly past your window for disputing charges with your Bank.

Bratch1976

Bratcher Sr competition shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2021
    Chesterton Indiana
    In the future if you’re looking for any type of reloading supplies Brass projectiles powder or factory ammo for that matter private message me I can get you much cheaper prices than the people you’re ordering from or anybody else in the country. Thank you Lance Bratcher Senior competition shooter.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The lack of follow up sucks, but they are handling it correctly. Until FedEx finishes there investigation, they have no proof that someone didn't steal it off your porch, or that you didn't receive it and decide to keep it AND get your money back.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Seems consistent with my recent experience with Brownells. Might as well have IDGAF tattooed across their foreheads.

Now we can wait to see how many members start a dogpile on you for daring to question the second only to God Brownells.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I had the exact opposite experience with Brownells. Fedex clearly lost my package, but basically told me to go pound sand. I emailed Brownells and they didn't even question it and sent out a new optic the next day.

I think the main difference is that I contacted Fedex first and their "investigation" only took a day to tell me it was delivered and I was SOL. I contacted Brownells after that and they made it right.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had the exact opposite experience with Brownells. Fedex clearly lost my package, but basically told me to go pound sand. I emailed Brownells and they didn't even question it and sent out a new optic the next day.

I think the main difference is that I contacted Fedex first and their "investigation" only took a day to tell me it was delivered and I was SOL. I contacted Brownells after that and they made it right.
    Surprised FedEx would even research it for you since you were not the shipper.

As to the OP, I'd dispute it ASAP.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Shipping must be the biggest headache for online retailers. I've had two orders from Midway USA disappear while in the custody of USPS. USPS claimed the first item was "scanned near your address". I ran up the BS flag and Midway replaced the item no charge. Tracking on the last one followed it from Kansas City to Cincinnati to Indy. Placed the order on 2/7, estimated delivery 2/13, arrived in Indy 2/11 and apparently dissolved. Midway said they showed it was supposed to be delivered on 2/23 and they couldn't do anything for 14 days after that. Called them on 3/10 and the free replacement was on my porch via UPS Ground on 3/13.

Moral: Avoid USPS at all cost.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Moral: Avoid USPS at all cost.

They are my preferred shipping company. I have never had anything lost by them and I ship out a lot of stuff. I do ship it all out Priority in their packaging and it might make a difference.

I like UPS better, but they are more expensive for lighter packages and I have to go into town to drop packages off. I do use them if the package is bog and/or heavy.

I won't even buy from a company if Fedex is the only option during checkout.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think it's getting harder and harder to trust any of the big shippers now. On top of the huge 'rona lockdown surge in shipping vs local shopping, Amazon doing their own shipping has created a monster to the shipping companies.

Amazon delivering on Sunday afternoons clear out in my 'hood in the sticks. FedEx and UPS can't decide whether to be pissed off or scared. There is less and less quality or care in their service. Don't even get me started on the USPS...

Talk to your driver and get an ear full, from the same folks that used to thank you for your business. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it's getting harder and harder to trust any of the big shippers now. On top of the huge 'rona lockdown surge in shipping vs local shopping, Amazon doing their own shipping has created a monster to the shipping companies.

Amazon delivering on Sunday afternoons clear out in my 'hood in the sticks. FedEx and UPS can't decide whether to be pissed off or scared. There is less and less quality or care in their service. Don't even get me started on the USPS...

Talk to your driver and get an ear full, from the same folks that used to thank you for your business. ;)
    I have had soooooooo many issues with USPS. Sooooooo many issues.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Of no real value but if ya ever pass Grinnell, Iowa, stop n visit. Nice place, right off the highway.

Attachments

• 2201152C-864C-44CC-BAF3-73D5AC57977F.jpeg
      2201152C-864C-44CC-BAF3-73D5AC57977F.jpeg
      970.1 KB · Views: 10
    • EFAF09FF-AF8C-4D37-9CB4-14F9F0730C1C.jpeg
      EFAF09FF-AF8C-4D37-9CB4-14F9F0730C1C.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 9
    • F3530CFD-37B4-4A57-9892-4EE1967636DD.jpeg
      F3530CFD-37B4-4A57-9892-4EE1967636DD.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 10
    • DB3024A3-8FC1-4D76-A2C8-535B1347E583.jpeg
      DB3024A3-8FC1-4D76-A2C8-535B1347E583.jpeg
      767 KB · Views: 9
    • 1EC8FFF6-5CB8-4389-8CA5-085071210634.jpeg
      1EC8FFF6-5CB8-4389-8CA5-085071210634.jpeg
      856.7 KB · Views: 11

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are my preferred shipping company. I have never had anything lost by them and I ship out a lot of stuff. I do ship it all out Priority in their packaging and it might make a difference.

I like UPS better, but they are more expensive for lighter packages and I have to go into town to drop packages off. I do use them if the package is bog and/or heavy.

I won't even buy from a company if Fedex is the only option during checkout.
    The luck of the irish must be with you. Ive had no less than 5 packages in the last year sit for weeks with the USPS.
    One left the seller (Midwayusa?) and landed in St Charles, IL for its first stop. It sat for 2 weeks before moving 20 miles closer to Chicago, then on to Indy.
    Another left Indy and headed for a suburb of Akron. It bounced between Akron and Cleveland 4x before sitting for a week. I started a lost package trace and after 10 days it started moving again. A week after it was delivered they emailed me and said "We found it, and the merchant issued you a credit to your CC. " Really? I knew that a week ago. Thanks a lot.

Oh, and the first class letter we sent to someone in Ontario 2 months ago has yet to be delivered.

If you think the USPS is good, you're delusional. :):

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Not sure what's going on with Brownells, but several people including myself have had some relatively big issues with them. Tomorrow morning I'm heading into call #4 with alleged customer service supervisors, after the second of two high three-figure orders arrived but with some wrong items. The first person I talked to said they wouldn't exchange the wrong items for the right ones. Their callback feature is also garbage. To shorten wait times they give you the option to call your phone back when it's your turn, but sometimes they never actually call. I'm about to return both orders out of principle and never order from them again.

I'm also super tired of the COVID excuse in general. Companies have had a more than a year to plan and adjust to this "new normal," and it's not the virus's fault if some warehouse dimwit can't put the correct damned items in a box and tape it up.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't trust Fedex. I've had packages delivered to the wrong address up the street on several occasions. Same street, similar address number. One of the four digits are switched around.

Apparently the drivers on my route don't pay very close attention to details. It's a crap shoot whether I'll get my package delivered correctly or not.

Oh and it sucks about the run around from Brownells.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Brownells has always treated me fairly, never got the run around your experiencing.
    I put everything on CC now a days and if I need to dispute it, I let the CC company handle it.....they always refund my money

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    gRuyCRw.gif

3io4h9.gif

Top Bottom