• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Is Greenlee not considered high quality?

I know them more from the offset conduit benders than anything, but I've been seeing some hand tools on shelves.
    It is Toyota verse Hyundai. Both are going to get you to the lake to fish. The Toyota just going to do it more times.

If you are 19 and looking at working 20-30 years in the field (even 10) then the Klein is worth the extra cash output. I use ideal stuff where Kline does not have one for the job or if I can not afford the Klein version. Low voltage electronics often requires specific specialized tools. I have had a pair of Klein lineman’s pliers since the late 1980’s. A real electrician most likely would have worn them out by now but I don’t use them as much as they do.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Greenlee is quality stuff. I wouldn't call them low end pro, I would say like all other brands some of their stuff is better and some not so good. Kind of like how I like Klein pliers, but I dislike their drivers.

They are on par with Klein, Ideal, Lennox, Knipex, Rigid, Milwaukee, Wera

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Greenlee is quality stuff. I wouldn't call them low end pro, I would say like all other brands some of their stuff is better and some not so good. Kind of like how I like Klein pliers, but I dislike their drivers.

They are on par with Klein, Ideal, Lennox, Knipex, Rigid, Milwaukee, Wera
    These are by FAR my favorite Greenlee. Besides fish sticks and their metal egg beater tips.

Dewalt copied these, but I tend to dull the dewalts faster than the Greenlees. I can get Dewalt at any big box, but I seem to have to go to Graybar for the Greenlee. And I cant swear to it, but the few times I have locked up and snapped off a bit, I think it was the Dewalts. But I wouldnt swear to it.

Top Bottom