• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The wife and I are starting to look for a house to buy and are looking for any realtor suggestions you may have. Anyone have any great experiences with a realtor or real estate office around the Greenwood/Whiteland/Franklin area? Also, any to definitely stay away from?

Thanks in advance!

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Just remember - one or both (buyer’s and seller’s) realtors are working for the seller since the commission(s) are coming out of the proceeds of the sale. View all aspects of information/counsel/advice as such. Not saying there aren’t honest realtors with impeccable scruples and Christian morals. With that being said - reread my first sentence.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We used this guy: https://hoosier-realtors.com/team/jim-talhelm/

I'd say he worked in our best interest. We were ready to put in an offer on our current house and were afraid if we under bid we'd lose it to someone else. He convinced us to put in a much lower offer, which was accepted. Our lender had a preferred realtor that we would have gotten $1500 back on closing costs had we used, and we ditched her for Jim the first time we met him. It ended up saving us quite a bit, and he was much more responsive to calls about seeing a particular house, etc.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Rob Campbell and his team are great people. Their office is located in Greenwood on Emerson Ave across the street from Sam's Club.

His "team" consists of him, his wife Joyce and their associate, Sheri Maar. I go to church with Rob and his wife and they are in Florida until sometime in February. They go down for a couple of months and spend their time fishing Lake Okeechobee. Sheri handles the office while they are gone and they handle the business via phone and internet.

You couldn't meet nicer people. Do some research on them and I think you will find positive results.

Greenwood, Indiana (Center Grove) Real Estate, Southside Indianapolis, Indiana Homes, Johnson County Investment Property - The Rob Campbell Team -The Rob Campbell Team

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    The wife and I are starting to look for a house to buy and are looking for any realtor suggestions you may have. Anyone have any great experiences with a realtor or real estate office around the Greenwood/Whiteland/Franklin area? Also, any to definitely stay away from?

Thanks in advance!

We work with Tammie Hall at Berkshire Hathaway. First off, she is a great person and has been a realtor for a long time. She is also local to the area you are looking at, and has lived in Whiteland for quite awhile. We are in the process of building a new homes, and I'm listing with Tammie when we are ready to put ours on the market.

https://www.berkshirehathawayhs.com/tammie-lee-hall-real-estate-agent

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In both the buying and selling of homes I have never found a good realtor, consider them a necessary evil.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just remember - one or both (buyer’s and seller’s) realtors are working for the seller since the commission(s) are coming out of the proceeds of the sale. View all aspects of information/counsel/advice as such. Not saying there aren’t honest realtors with impeccable scruples and Christian morals. With that being said - reread my first sentence.

EXACTLY

If you are a buyer you don't need a realtor.

Understand that the realtor is the enemy of lower prices unless its a contract realtor who is acting as a non-commissioned/flat fee buyers agent.

FWIW I own multiple houses, commercial real estate, and 'flip' properties for fun and profit. I do use a realtor. One particular agent/broker. He is on commission when I see, on a flat fee contract when I buy.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I've sold and bought a few houses never used a realtor. I can save 7% right up front doing it that way.

When you bought houses how have you saved 7% ? Is your thinking the seller has a minimal dollar they’ll take, and if paying a realto that raises the seller’s minimum ? Otherwise, I don’t understand. The commission ALWAYS come from the seller unless I’m mistaken.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Yes, the Buyer's Realtor is paid from a share of the commission the Seller pays their Realtor to sell the property.

BUT, the Buyer's Realtor has a fiduciary responsibility to work in the best interest of the Buyer.
    This includes working for the Buyer to get the property at the lowest price.

ANY buyer's Realtor who puts the amount of their commission ahead of their client is unethical and violating their fiduciary responsibility to their client.
    I also know I would never put getting a higher commission above what's in the best interests of my client.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yes, the Buyer's Realtor is paid from a share of the commission the Seller pays their Realtor to sell the property.

BUT, the Buyer's Realtor has a fiduciary responsibility to work in the best interest of the Buyer.
    This includes working for the Buyer to get the property at the lowest price.

ANY buyer's Realtor who puts the amount of their commission ahead of their client is unethical and violating their fiduciary responsibility to their client.
    I also know I would never put getting a higher commission above what's in the best interests of my client.

He/she is just working for a living and placing their own self interest above the interests of the buyer. That said, I'd say that virtually every R.E. agent is unethical by these standards.

amboy49 is correct. The R.E. agent is not your friend and is not necessarily working in your best interests.

Top Bottom