• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    So, a sociology exercise.. that i took some form of 20 years ago in high school... is about death panels? What were they trying to indoctrinate me into back then?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    We don't have to worry about death panels, the lower quality care overworked hospital staffers will give to overcrowded wards will do plenty to bring about unnecessary deaths. Just look at the reports that were on INGO recently about death rates in the UK hospital system.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    That's funny. I suppose if the math problem was the one about two trains leaving the station at different times and/or speeds....they would desensitizing the kids to the burning of fossil fuels for travel and commerce?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    indoctrinate , indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate, indoctrinate....

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Jedi beat me to it. More indoctrination and control. Teach the kids to accept that some people are not fit to live; It will become normal to them. They have been creating a population that will follow like sheep. This didn't start with Obama. They could not have done all of this at one time; we would not have allowed it. They push their agenda until people show a little courage, and then they try another approach. The changes are happening faster and faster.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi beat me to it. More indoctrination and control. Teach the kids to accept that some people are not fit to live; It will become normal to them. They have been creating a population that will follow like sheep. This didn't start with Obama. They could not have done all of this at one time; we would not have allowed it. They push their agenda until people show a little courage, and then they try another approach. The changes are happening faster and faster.

*cough* TSA *cough*

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Teach the kids to accept that some people are not fit to live.

People have been doing that since there have been people. I think that when Thomas Jefferson wrote the words "All men are created equal....." he wrote one of the funniest pieces of satire ever published.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That's funny. I suppose if the math problem was the one about two trains leaving the station at different times and/or speeds....they would desensitizing the kids to the burning of fossil fuels for travel and commerce?
    A fact-based calculation and a sociological prioritizing of one's value are functionally equivalent to you?

The students chose who lived and who died based on each’s social utility. This means that if you are not considered valuable to society (viz. the government), then you are considered expendable.
    The individual no longer has inherent value. And when the majority of the country accepts that without question (assuming it hasn't happened already), say goodbye to inalienable rights and natural law.

I don't see an obvious connection to death panels. But I do see how this process of introducing the concept of choosing who lives and dies by committee is how people will come to accept the existence of them.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Yer dern tootin' this didn't start with Obama; it started in the late 60s and early 70s when pregnant women started being indoctrinated that their unborn babies weren't really human and therefore could be disposed of with impunity. Started gaining steam with Dr. Death and "assisted suicide" in the 80s and 90s. Of course, the doctrine espousing the sterilization of "inferior races" and "defectives" predates the 1973 Supreme Court Abortion decision by about 50 years when Margaret Sanger formed the deceptively named "Planned Parenthood." Rationing of health services is a logical outcome of separating them from the free market, so, since rationing will be necessary "sacrifices will have to be made." Of course, the rich and politically-connected won't be deemed unworthy of all the healthcare they can afford; the rest of us will just have to suck it and die.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    A fact-based calculation and a sociological prioritizing of one's value are functionally equivalent to you?

No, you're right, I was a little to quick in my attempt to make my point that the writer of the article was really reaching, and I might have come up with a more congruent analogy.

And when the majority of the country accepts that without question (assuming it hasn't happened already), say goodbye to inalienable rights and natural law.

I maintain that it happened a long long time ago, but it's OK as long as you're in with the right crowd.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom