• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    How often does he kick someone's knee backward?
    In the books pretty often. His fighting style is to win and be as brutally efficient as possible. Elbows, feet, head etc he uses over his hands.

I’ve read 95% of Lee Child’s books of Jack Reacher and enjoyed them all. It took about 9 or 10 in before I realized there was a thread tying them all together in a timeline.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Got them all watched yesterday. Just couldn’t stop after I started.
    Me too.

It was good. But I just can't look at the dude who plays Reacher without thinking about Thad Castle from Blue Mountain State.:D

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In the books pretty often. His fighting style is to win and be as brutally efficient as possible. Elbows, feet, head etc he uses over his hands.

I’ve read 95% of Lee Child’s books of Jack Reacher and enjoyed them all. It took about 9 or 10 in before I realized there was a thread tying them all together in a timeline.
    If one started with the first book and read them in order it would be easier to get the time line/path aspect.

Since people usually grab a book that looks interesting they start reading out of order.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Here is the Lee Child page at Stop You're Killing Me. SYKM is a nice site to find the books in a series.

If you see an interesting book that's part of a series you can get the rest of the series on SYKM. You can lookup info by author or character.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    With 1 book per season and 27 books, I sure hope they do at least 2 a year.

Especially since there are sometimes only a day or two between books.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Reacher better than jack Ryan? I loved that show and looking for something to watch till it comes back on

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    After reading the comments I'm sure this is going to go over like a fart in church. I've never read the books, but I read reviews about it being "close" to the source material. So I thought, hmm... maybe worth checking out. I guess if I had read any of that tripe I'd know what I was in for. Bad guys obviously rode the short bus and stormtroopers have better aim. It must have set a record for every cliché utilized possible. This show sucks.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    After reading the comments I'm sure this is going to go over like a fart in church. I've never read the books, but I read reviews about it being "close" to the source material. So I thought, hmm... maybe worth checking out. I guess if I had read any of that tripe I'd know what I was in for. Bad guys obviously rode the short bus and stormtroopers have better aim. It must have set a record for every cliché utilized possible. This show sucks.

The typical Hollywood garbage is what bothered me about this (and every other show made). Was still somewhat interesting when bored.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    The typical Hollywood garbage is what bothered me about this (and every other show made). Was still somewhat interesting when bored.
    I understand "different strokes for different folks," and that's fine. As of late I'm much more critical of what I watch as I think I've seen every formulaic plot possible and the sub-conscious denying it's bread and circuses is getting harder. I feel like I'm being the, "Get off my lawn!" guy. I should probably get back into more private study in my free-time than look for another show to watch.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’m enjoying the show (I’m 4 episodes in) except for the whole 95 grain sub sonic 9mm ammo that the killer is using, that’s the thing that’s bothering me, how can you make a 95 grain 9mm sub sonic? What 1 grain of powder? Or a barrel about 900 feet long???

Reactions: KLB

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I understand "different strokes for different folks," and that's fine. As of late I'm much more critical of what I watch as I think I've seen every formulaic plot possible and the sub-conscious denying it's bread and circuses is getting harder. I feel like I'm being the, "Get off my lawn!" guy. I should probably get back into more private study in my free-time than look for another show to watch.
    Not reading the books definitely makes it less fun. Knowing the back story, his attitude and approach to things. It makes this series a lot more fun. It’s true to the character and that’s fun for me.

It’s like the Martian. Great movie. Better book. Reading and watching completes the experience

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’m enjoying the show (I’m 4 episodes in) except for the whole 95 grain sub sonic 9mm ammo that the killer is using, that’s the thing that’s bothering me, how can you make a 95 grain 9mm sub sonic? What 1 grain of powder? Or a barrel about 900 feet long???

One of those typical Hollywood mistakes that shows how little they care about trying to get something right. That detracts from the show for me. These issues and any of the woke Leftist garbage that plagues so much of what we watch now keeps me from enjoying most shows.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I'm sure this is going to go over like a fart in church.
    That's ok, we'll light a match.

The closer to the source comments are based on the fact that the actor playing Reacher is closer to the author's description and to the general feel of the characters.

Some liberties we're still taken. The Frances Neagley character does not appear in the source book, she's introduced later in the series. The murder weapon in the book was a Ruger Mark II with a silencer.

The series was a pleasant entertainment. As far as the bad guys shooting, author John D. MacDonald would says the good guys were having a John Wayne day where everything was going right for them.

The Reacher books are entertainment. So much so that Lee Child has allowed Diane Capri to write a series of books about a couple of FBI agents trying to locate Reacher. I even thought it would be cool for Amazon to alternate series with the search for Reacher being one step behind all the time.

Top Bottom