• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think CP needs to be in a program.

Actually I'm pretty jealous of his ability to jump from one cool car to another so often.
    I used to live this. Might have a car/cars for a week maybe 2. Get-em. Tune-em up. Adjust this and that. Fix what's needed and move it along. Many I wanted to keep but the market was there, the irons were hot and the inventory was easy to find. Especially when they came to me.
    We hardly ever kept one and when we did it was special at least to me/us.

But CP has his thing and he is good at it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I used to live this. Might have a car/cars for a week maybe 2. Get-em. Tune-em up. Adjust this and that. Fix what's needed and move it along. Many I wanted to keep but the market was there, the irons were hot and the inventory was easy to find. Especially when they came to me.
    We hardly ever kept one and when we did it was special at least to me/us.

But CP has his thing and he is good at it.

I totally understand flipping cars and could see myself in that game. CP seems to be somewhere in the middle, which for me would be a weird thing to balance and more difficult.

Once I get a place to keep more than 2 under a roof I'd like to have a 3rd in an annual slot. Enjoy it for a season and then move it along to try the next thing.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I totally understand flipping cars and could see myself in that game. CP seems to be somewhere in the middle, which for me would be a weird thing to balance and more difficult.

Once I get a place to keep more than 2 under a roof I'd like to have a 3rd in an annual slot. Enjoy it for a season and then move it along to try the next thing.
    A season to CP is spring, summer ,fall and winter. Maybe faster than that

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    A season to CP is spring, summer ,fall and winter. Maybe faster than that

In fairness, when I said "a season" I pretty much meant 1 summer. Buy over the winter and send it on its way before fall really sets in.

For all of the ribbing we give him, that doesn't seem too far off of what he's doing.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    One of the drivers at work does about the same thing CP does. But he's doing it for profit and he's really good at it. He just went in half with his buddy on a 6,000 mile, late 90's ZR-1 that is 1 of 6. White on white convertible with a 6-speed. They drove to Wisconsin with a trailer to get it. I don't know how much, but I'm sure it was a good chunk. He also has a 92ish Twin Turbo Supra with 16,000 miles that he drives occasionally. Plus that Pre-runner Ranger that Cleetus drove this past summer.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    One of the drivers at work does about the same thing CP does. But he's doing it for profit and he's really good at it. He just went in half with his buddy on a 6,000 mile, late 90's ZR-1 that is 1 of 6. White on white convertible with a 6-speed. They drove to Wisconsin with a trailer to get it. I don't know how much, but I'm sure it was a good chunk. He also has a 92ish Twin Turbo Supra with 16,000 miles that he drives occasionally. Plus that Pre-runner Ranger that Cleetus drove this past summer.

Am I mistaken in the belief that CP does do this at a profit? I thought these were all at least small flips with a couple doing quite well?

He's all hush-hush about his system so we can't swipe the cars out from under him. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Am I mistaken in the belief that CP does do this at a profit? I thought these were all at least small flips with a couple doing quite well?

He's all hush-hush about his system so we can't swipe the cars out from under him. ;)
    I am one to think he improved his lot with every trade/sale. I have seen most of what he has had and he is climbing up the ladder one deal at a time. If he is banking anything good on him but I am enjoying his journey.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yup. He has a family and provides for them very well. I have known him more than a few years. He was in the HVAC apprenticeship with my wayward son back in the day.

All I really know about the relationship you two have is that you both agree he should have never sold his Ventura. :laugh:

Top Bottom