• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The kit itself is from 1996, 2 years into the ban and thirteen years ago. Old enough for me I guess to be considered Retro. Plus Colt never has to my knowledge made the SMG in an A4 type upper from the factory adding to the retro"ism" or oldfashion"ism".

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Shot it today and it runs great with FMJ but it didn't like subsonic HP's at all. I may try and polish the throat and feed ramp but 99% of the time I will be shooting FMJ's with it so its already good to go.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    This project started out as a worn out nasty camo painted Scranton Police Department Colt SMG parts kit. I stripped it, coated it with Brownells teflon coating, bought a Colt LEO only 6450 receiver, SBR'd it and found 5 hard to find LEO only mags for it. What was created is probably the coolest gun I now own. I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. I would take it out tonight but it is pretty muddy on my range. I am trying to decide if I should get a retro style red dot or just leave it as an iron sighted gun.

PARTS KIT AS I RECEIVED IT WITH THE UGLY GREEN CAMO TYPE PAINT

pix1644243984.jpg

PARTS KIT AFTER BEING STRIPPED WITH MKE

IMG_0178.jpg

TEFLON BAKED ON FINISHING WORK

DSC09128.jpg

FINSHED PRODUCT

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

Where did ya get the kit???

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Next time you use anything in a spray can, set it in your sink and run hot water around it letting the sink fill partially. This warms the paint and makes sure it flows thinner and atomizes when it gets out of the nozzle. You can get a much better and finer coat of paint on the firearm (or whatever you are painting). Also, it increases the pressure in the can and you'll never be left with paint in the bottom with no more propellant.

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I've got an upper like that and a mag block I'm looking to sell...

I just don't use it anymore. No time to reload and can't find 9mm.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Nice gun , If you don't mind me asking what kind of total do you have in a build like that. Good work

Total with the stamp I think I have about $1650 in it. The most expensive part was the 6450 receiver. They are almost impossible to find loose and even harder to find without the drilled holes for the colt factory blocks.

Ohh, that includes all five factory colt LEO magazines that I bought brand new in the wrap for $50/each. That is about half price for what they normally sell for.

Top Bottom