• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    At the next Indy 1500, I plan on having Raven Concealment construct a kydex sheath for my Swamp Rat M6. They have done a few things for some of my pistols and I was happy with the results, and the price/performance.

My question is what if any thing specific should I ask for? Is there a preferred ride height? Any extras, like lanyard holes or clips. Basically what do you guy's look for in a sheath?

I know most of this is fairly subjective and probably varies allot for each user, but not being into knives near as much as firearms. Any info from someone who has tried a few might help in avoiding any rookie mistakes.

Thanks
    Brad

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I use david brown for my kydex Buy Brown Holsters-Custom Kydex Holsters for Guns, Knives, Handcuffs, and more in Tucson, Arizona good thing about david is he has most busse/swamprat/scrapyard models and you you need/want it made for a specific type of carry he can do that to.

camo.jpg

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    Raven, does good with sheaths, I have two. How do you want to carry the knife? If you want to carry it mutiple ways, let them know when before they do the work and they will take care of you. I had a tek lok put on one sheath that is also desgned to be carried IWB. They also hooked me up with MOLLE attachment possibilites.

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    How do you want to carry the knife?

I guess thats part of my problem... I am not real sure how I want to carry it, or what my options for carry really even are. The only sheaths I currently own are for production knives that came with them. And I don't really care for any of them.

I had a tek lok put on one sheath that is also desgned to be carried IWB.

How do you like the tek lok? Any major disadvantages to the set up?

Thanks for the link Tyler... When you ordered those did you ask for any thing special or is that just his typical sheath?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Thanks for the link Tyler... When you ordered those did you ask for any thing special or is that just his typical sheath?

I just get a standard as I don't carry most of them but they do all come with tek-loks so when I have carried them it's not an issue to carry them, and btw I carry it horizontal in the small of my back.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I guess thats part of my problem... I am not real sure how I want to carry it, or what my options for carry really even are. The only sheaths I currently own are for production knives that came with them. And I don't really care for any of them.

How do you like the tek lok? Any major disadvantages to the set up?

The tek lok is great for belt carry or running through a pack strap. They are very handy as Joe has mentioned. I like the fact that with kydex sheaths, especially from quality makers, that setup can be changed to MOLLE, IWB loop, or OWB loop easily. 1 sheath, multiple means of carry.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    The tek lok is great for belt carry or running through a pack strap. They are very handy as Joe has mentioned. I like the fact that with kydex sheaths, especially from quality makers, that setup can be changed to MOLLE, IWB loop, or OWB loop easily. 1 sheath, multiple means of carry.

and DBH is my hero. and very attractive.

Top Bottom