• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Brand new American Rimfire Compact 22LR. First impression very good 22. Bolt a little stiff but smoothing out. I am not a trigger expert, but very crisp and repeatable. Easy to shoot well. First 10 shots were scattered, suspect barrel break in. The next 100 were very good groups at 25 and 50 yds, limited only by my old eyes and the open sights. Rang the 100 yd steel consistently.

The kit came with short and long length of pull stock extenders, with both high and low cheeks. Also a starter cleaning kit. My local gun shot got it in a couple days time at a very low price.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I have one with the treaded barrel, I run a can off of it. I like it a lot for the price it is a pretty good plinker. Now I just saw the 7.62x39:stickpoke: Ruger poking me to buy another rifle that I don't need.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tYJQamuwlE

I love mine. I just got it back from Ruger. Trigger housing broke under the tang safety. It's all one piece.
    The link above shows an easy and fast trigger trick. Less than a 5 minute job start to finish. Make sure you tighten the action to the stock evenly.
    It took my trigger pull down to about 1.25 or 1.50lb. Just guessing.
    I sent my original spring to a large gun spring company to get one a bit lighter than the original which is VERY stiff.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tYJQamuwlE

I love mine. I just got it back from Ruger. Trigger housing broke under the tang safety. It's all one piece.
    The link above shows an easy and fast trigger trick. Less than a 5 minute job start to finish. Make sure you tighten the action to the stock evenly.
    It took my trigger pull down to about 1.25 or 1.50lb. Just guessing.
    I sent my original spring to a large gun spring company to get one a bit lighter than the original which is VERY stiff.

Thanks for sharing. I think I'll give it a try on mine.

[video=youtube;2tYJQamuwlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tYJQamuwlE[/video]

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    The Ruger Rimfire rifles are pretty nice, I reviewed one of them in 22mag for my channel and was pretty impressed with the fit n finish as well as accuracy out of the box..

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Thanks for sharing. I think I'll give it a try on mine.

[video=youtube;2tYJQamuwlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tYJQamuwlE[/video]

Let me know what you think. I ran mine out for 65 rounds this morning. It's a major improvement.
    I like the way it's polishing itself out without all the spring pressure on it.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Let me know what you think. I ran mine out for 65 rounds this morning. It's a major improvement.
    I like the way it's polishing itself out without all the spring pressure on it.

Will do. I'll probably mod it Monday then take it out to the farm. I'll measure the trigger before and after as well.

Top Bottom