Range Report: Pistol Refresher With Local Training Group (pics/vids)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    It was a great day of fun and training. Weather was good. It was good to run through drills and get refreshed on things. Plus afterwards puling out the rifles and shotguns was good. When we scoped in my little .22 I saw something I'd never seen before we actually saw the flight path of the .22 those were some good optics or just a fluck of the weather and light, but it was cool.

Sorry but I always run bullets forward.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    troy_mp. Stud. Or maybe he just has a really good photographer!

troy_brass.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I sit next to Mrs. LMW as she processes the pictures she takes.

A couple caught my eye from this range session.

In this first series of three rapid shot pictures, shooter521 has been directed to shoot, then make a rapid reload while going to his knees.

I was intrigued to see the pictures and realize how quickly and fluidly he did this! In the first frame, the magazine is already dropping from the mag well while the shooter has his weak hand on his new magazine.

In the second frame, you can see the empty magazine in mid-air as the shooter's hand moves toward the mag well.

In the third frame, the new magazine has been seated yet the empty magazine hasn't hit the ground yet!

This second picture is a blow-up of of this picture (posted in the OP).

In this view, you can see the streak of the bullet as it comes out of the expanding gas plume. You can also see the jet of hot gas still coming from the barrel. Note that the slide has just started moving backwards.

658sph.jpg

According to the EXIF data on that pic, the shutter speed was 1/1250 which is 0.0008th of a second. It just amazes me to think how quick of a shutter speed you would have to have to catch a bullet in flight without any blur O_O

Awesome pics as usual by your wife, she is one of the unsung heroes of INGO for all of the great pics she has taken!

Top Bottom