• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Were you paying attention to the lack of enthusiasm when those donors and lobbyists heard their easily bought influence was going to be laid off?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    But “sounds like” is all we have here…
    Well, of course, he's not been in the position to implement these ideas. The question we each have to ask ourselves is, "Do I believe him"? The same question that we had to ask ourselves when the not-yet-politician Trump uttered the (then) just words about "draining the swamp".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, of course, he's not been in the position to implement these ideas. The question we each have to ask ourselves is, "Do I believe him"? The same question that we had to ask ourselves when the not-yet-politician Trump uttered the (then) just words about "draining the swamp".
    Yep, and Trump followed through with the fulfillment of the most promisees of any president I ever voted for…

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Yep, and Trump followed through with the fulfillment of the most promisees of any president I ever voted for…
    That's as may be, but you seemed to imply that we shouldn't have voted for Trump the first time around based on only words. Who knows, given the chance, maybe Ramaswamy beats Trump's record for most promises kept.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How about the just words 'Schedule F'? The deep state seems pretty worried about that. One of the first actions JoePedo took on day 1 was to spike that. Now they're scheming to make it hard to bring it back

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's as may be, but you seemed to imply that we shouldn't have voted for Trump the first time around based on only words. Who knows, given the chance, maybe Ramaswamy beats Trump's record for most promises kept.
    Trump has a very public record, I was reading his positions on trade and the like in the 80’s, he was successful in the tough real estate development market, went on to succeed in Hollywood, where the vast majority fail, with a long running highly successful show. Still I was certainly skeptical of Trump in 2015.

Ramaswamy has a very thin record to me never heard his name until he announced he was running. What dI’d you know about him from before you heard he was running and read up on him?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Trump has a very public record, I was reading his positions on trade and the like in the 80’s, he was successful in the tough real estate development market, went on to succeed in Hollywood, where the vast majority fail, with a long running highly successful show. Still I was certainly skeptical of Trump in 2015.

Ramaswamy has a very thin record to me never heard his name until he announced he was running. What dI’d you know about him from before you heard he was running and read up on him?
    I'm listening now, just as I did with Trump. Some things came out about Trump (buddy-buddy with the Clinton's, his previous opinion on abortion, for example), should have raised a red flag to me. But I believed his words and voted for him in the general election.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And he delivered like no other before, so certainly not a bait and switch…
    I think the point oze is trying to make is that you couldn't have known that he would deliver like no other. At that time, he too was just talk saying the things that you wanted to hear. You had to take a chance that he would deliver.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the point oze is trying to make is that you couldn't have known that he would deliver like no other. At that time, he too was just talk saying the things that you wanted to hear. You had to take a chance that he would deliver.
    This should be your theme song KG1! :):

"I'm too reasonable for my shirt
    Too reasonable for my shirt
    So reasonable it hurts
    And I'm too reasonable for Milan
    Too reasonable for Milan
    New York, and Japan
    I'm too reasonable for your party
    Too reasonable for your party
    No way I'm disco dancing"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe Trump had a much longer and more visible track record; it is far from apples to apples…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This should be your theme song KG1! :):

"I'm too reasonable for my shirt
    Too reasonable for my shirt
    So reasonable it hurts
    And I'm too reasonable for Milan
    Too reasonable for Milan
    New York, and Japan
    I'm too reasonable for your party
    Too reasonable for your party
    No way I'm disco dancing"
    Right said Fred.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I believe Trump had a much longer and more visible track record; it is far from apples to apples…
    He had zero track record wrt politics. Inheriting money from the old man, selling real estate, putting his name on a failed and shady "college ", and being part of reality TV show don't signify.

Top Bottom