• Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Alright, you, I see what you did there. You are not a helper.:D

DNR is usually given magical cop powers by the gun culture as they are the ones checking tax stamps as the boys in blue and brown have other matters to address.

:banana::bacondance: I'M NOT A HELPER! I'M NOT A HELPER!:bacondance::banana:

Wait, that doesn't sound like a compliment :scratch:

Ok, so it's our fault they have those magical cop powers, then? Crap.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I call and tell DNR I seen Joe poach a deer out of season and take into his barn. Can DNR enter his barn and search without him welcoming them in or do they have to have PC and/or warrant?

Are you a known complainant or an anonymous tipster?

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    stand-by-me-train.jpg

dime store hoods.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I call and tell DNR I seen Joe poach a deer out of season and take into his barn. Can DNR enter his barn and search without him welcoming them in or do they have to have PC and/or warrant?

Does DNR know you or are you just some random dude? Anyone living in barn?

If call alone, I think CO has nothing to go on. But, if he, for example, sees deer strung up in barn, go investigate.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It depends. :)

But, no warrant is necessary to go to the house to: 1) ask some questions and/or 2) ask for permission to look into the barn to clear this up real quick so we can both get back to more important things.

;)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That makes sense. I only wonder sometimes because my neighbor is a bigger malcontent than I am and they don't seem to take him very seriously anymore.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I find this stuff interesting. I see what you mean though...if someone lived in the barn it would then be a "dwelling", which is why I used a barn in my example. And if I was a random/anonymous caller they couldn't really get a written complaint/report/statement from me. I guess they could always look for probable cause as in blood in a truck, drag marks(as someone mentioned), blood under the suspects nails or on clothes, shell casing if someone witnessed the shooting.....etc. If barn door is opened perhaps they could enter or look in.

I don't know how in the world you guys do your jobs, seriously, law is so confusing. Do you constantly have to study or do you eventually just learn these codes and such?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know how in the world you guys do your jobs, seriously, law is so confusing. Do you constantly have to study or do you eventually just learn these codes and such?

Always learning - and teaching, in many ways - is part of the job.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know how in the world you guys do your jobs, seriously, law is so confusing.

Dude, it's made by lawyers and politicians, many of whom are also lawyers. These are people who argue over the definition of "is" and get paid by the word to do so.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    How have I never heard of a national police force and I'm 38 years old? I need to get out more.

Haven't you ever seen the movie "Emperor of the North" with Lee Marvin as the "Emperor" and Ernest Borganine as the "Railroad Cop"...........oh wait maybe he was the Conductor. Anyway it was a pretty good movie.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I actually knew a Railroad Police that worked in Hammond when I was in High school. I do remember him bragging of how powerful his authority was. I also remember he was always selling things in bulk out of his garage. Like stacks of Brand New Transistor Radios, cases of flashlight batteries, Canned hams, power tools, etc. He must have had some sort of contact with a good suppler.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I worked as an engineer for CSX and Amtrak. Freight RR police are rarely seen. Amtrak RR police are highly visible even at the smaller stations.

I can tell you there are places you will not get a stop signal for fear of the train being raped.

There is a hill in NJ that the dispatchers keep you running at track speed. The gangs, yes you can see them sitting on the hill with 20 to 30 car tires. As you go by, they wait until the head end is well past them and then roll all the tires down the hill. They are hoping to hit one of the air hoses, breaking it apart and forcing the train to a stop. Then the fun begins. The gangs know they have over an hour to take whatever they want. I have seen boxcars, flats and containers opened and picked over. Filled with every commodity, motorcycles, ATV's, beer, orange juice, TV's, stereo's and anything you can think of is stolen.

You then wait 1 to 3 hours for the RR police to show up. There is no chance in hell my conductor is walking back there without police protection.

At one time I ran trains from Philadelphia, PA to Newark, NJ, Baltimore, MD and Cumberland MD. It was rare to see a RR policeman unless you hit a car, etc. or some other unusual incident. They have immense power including off duty and off the RR. In ten years with CSX I only saw 2 RR cops.

Top Bottom