• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indydave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    camby
    Folks, I have a radio shack pro 60 scanner. Can I use it on the new project 25 frequencies for police, fire and safety? I had it set up for the old 800mz trunked but I am lost now with this new thing.
    Any help appreciated!!!

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    That scanner won't work on the "new" digital transmissions, it's an analog only scanner. You can use radioreference.com to find the active frequencies in your area and then see if what you want to listen to is still analog or if it has switched to digital. If your local department(s) have switched to digital, you should see if they are using encryption or not (it will show at radioreference.com as well), before spending big $ on a digital capable scanner, if you decide to upgrade.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I gave up trying to mess with keeping up the digital vs analog thing years back. Thank God for the dedicated souls who follow this and upload their feeds to Broadcastify. :bow:

I use older android smart phones to run scanner apps (Scanner Radio Pro for me.) The old phones do well running WIFI, plugged in all the time. I leave one running in the house and one in the shop. They have to be reset occasionally for various reasons.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I just went through a 12 hour cell and internet outage. Having some type of radio/scanner seems to be a good idea. 12 hours was just enough to show how quickly you can be isolated.

Sagamore - One

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Near Bippus
    I monitor at least two scanners at any one time, a combination of Whistler, Uniden, converted public safety Johnson, and Motorola, and I still feel less than fully informed.
    There is a noticable time delay when listening to scanner cell phone apps which varies with the app.

Top Bottom