• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Chimney = FIRE. End of story.
    Attic = Live Trap. Once in trap, take outside, a couple quick pulls on a .22 trigger ends the probem.

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oh I should mention, I'll be gone for a week, so I'm sorta limited in what I can do trapping wise. I don't want to do the fire in the fireplace thing because I don't want their nasty little carcases up there rotting stinking to high hell

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Bring em to my place. I've got a home for them. I enjoyed watching the 4 babies last year.

9627f63c.jpg

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

A few years ago they got in my attic and I ran them off by putting bright lights and talk radio up there 24/7.

They left after a couple of days.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

A few years ago they got in my attic and I ran them off by putting bright lights and talk radio up there 24/7.

Thinking of the tread about rap music....blasting that up there while your gone might do the trick. (it'd make me leave:D)

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Coons are easy to trap. Get a live trap and set it. After capturing the coons seal up that dang hole.

Agree. I've trapped DOZENS of coons over the past several years in my Dad's barn, and just about anything will draw them in. I've used marshmallows, peanut butter, granola bars, and even dry cat food.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If they're in your attic, or any other "confined space", eviction is relatively simple and inexpensive.

Your solution is moth-balls! Spread a couple of boxes of moth-balls throughout your attic, or affected area. Moth-balls rob the area of oxygen, and most ANY living thing will leave. Even spiders don't like moth-balls.

The only caveat is, do NOT use if anyone in the house has breathing problems (athsma, COPD, etc...)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I got rid of my last room mate by playing a combination of Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck 24/7. The only downside is that I had to wear ear plugs while I was home or I wanted to leave too.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Pan of fly bait and coke??
    This will get them QUICKLY... the blue crystal type fly bait mixed with coke... they will make it about 10-50 feet from the dish of coke before they keel over dead. Works wonders when the whole neighborhood of coons is raiding the sweet corn patch... Just be sure it's nowhere other animals can get to it...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had one that kept digging at a spot on my roof, and I kept chasing it off until I went up there and looked, to find water/squirrel damage which I repaired. Unfortunately, I repaired a pair of possums into the attic, and had to deal with them. I just used hollow point .223s in the M4, no exit wounds.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    They're not stupid - I know most folks have to look several times over to figure out how the little rascals got in, so they can't be that dumb!

I think they're kinda cute unless they're rabid..

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They're not stupid - I know most folks have to look several times over to figure out how the little rascals got in, so they can't be that dumb!

I think they're kinda cute unless they're rabid..

I happened to look out the window one night as a mommy was leading her three babies down the driveway. She stopped, and they did, she stood up and looked both ways before leading them across the street. Wow. I know 6 year old humans that aren't that sharp. The biggest problem I've read about keeping them as pets is they get into everything, and you have to go to great effort to keep one out of something. If I saw one trying to pick the lock on a safe I'm not sure I'd be too surprised. Come home and it has a gun, wants to renegotiate the arrangement. You'd probably do well to listen :)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Chimney = FIRE. End of story.
    Attic = Live Trap. Once in trap, take outside, a couple quick pulls on a .22 trigger ends the probem.

Technically if you trap them you have to release them in the same township/ or county they are trapped. Had a CO tell this to my neighbor when we had raccoon problems in the yards/trees last year. I had to come out every night and search the yard and one Maple tree that he/she climbed to make sure my pups would not go nuts and possibly get bitten.

Top Bottom