• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I thought hard about commissioning a gun from this gentleman (and probably should have), before he changed to his “stocking build” philosophy. I might still rustle up the funds if something of his comes available that really catches my eye, though. I’ve heard nothing but great things. That is a beautiful pistol.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I thought hard about commissioning a gun from this gentleman (and probably should have), before he changed to his “stocking build” philosophy. I might still rustle up the funds if something of his comes available that really catches my eye, though. I’ve heard nothing but great things. That is a beautiful pistol.

Brandan has really shifted his philosophy over the last few years. He actually used to do all my one off gun smiths work… no more:(. He’s become so busy making parts, he doesn’t have the time for little side projects.

In fact, he’s so busy, he’s not even taking custom gun orders any longer. He essentially will build a 1911 to his specifications, and then just list it for sale.

I can’t say I blame him as the custom gun custom can be a headache… changing orders, wanting to tweak the gun once the work is completed… worst of all deciding they can’t pay for the gun after it’s been built. Bunker is a classy guy who ha typically refunded “non refundable deposits” if the buyer doesn’t have the funds come final payment.

Anyway, As mentioned in the video, Bunkers work has now become nearly unobtainable, and his style is one that is unmistakeable…. His work is one of only a handful that one would be able to identify with no logos or roll marks… I personally appreciate that 100%. There are very very very few who people could say that about.

To wrap it up, other than Chen, and maybe Harrison (<—he’s retired), no one else I know of is making all parts in house and building literally from scratch. Bunker is:)

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That is a gorgeous 1911 as usual, call me a heretic but I have always preferred a nice deep royal blue (think 1960's pythons) to stainless. Though one time my gunsmith showed my a 1911 he polished up then sent of to be IonBonded and that was a great looking finish.

Top Bottom