Questions for you that have been though the Indiana law enforcement academy ILEA

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    congrats. cant believe you get paid to do all that stuff can ya? :D

agreed. I cant speak for sandbox play because I did not serve but I love going to work every day. getting in my car and taking my runs is almost cathardic.
    :laugh:
    Those were almost my exact words in 1973.
    Twenty years later I was saying; "They don't pay me enough to keep doing this s***."
    Today I'm just glad there are young guys and gals who enjoy the job. :D

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    yes im b squad during the week i dont have much time to respond to this thread so there will be a delay on my part...... this next week its physical tactics for me actually just got back from my department's taser training and yes i took the hit and i still think oc spray is far worse

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I would take the OC any day of the week. Last time I was sprayed i was doing my PT 10 min later. I'm butter scotch complexion so it doesn't phase me all that much.

Now this fair haired kid I took this photo of was jacked up for an hour.

DSC_0184.jpg

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    im hoping its not as bad as the stuff they used on us in the military i still could feel its effects up to 3 days later every time u took a shower ..... taser was just as i remember been 5 years sense my last one in the corps first time doing a 3 point boy can u tell the difference when they drive it home..... funny u say "ride the lightning" never heard that saying till today and probably heard it at least 30 times lol must be a favorite among the LE world lol

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    wells it been awhile sense i last talked to you guys just finshed up week 9 (which was STOPS) i had a blast this week we had some good instructors .... and we all now simunations training is always a blast.... still find it odd they pay me to do stuff like this lol next week is another classroom week traffic law plus some other material it maybe classroom but it sounds interesting at least ..... firearms will be my last break out week another week i should enjoy lol but who here would guess that?

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Glad its going well. I was up there as an EVO instructor during your second break out week. Seemed like you have a pretty good class.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Just got my first week under my belt and have a exam coming up this following Monday... i will admit i am very much worried about doing well on this exam.... my question for you that have been through this program how hard are these exams? How common are test failures? we where provided with a rough run through of the exam but times was extremely limited trying to copy down this material so i fear i do not have enough information on what exactly to focus on. ( i understand no one here can help me with that nor do i expect anyone too) mainly wondering what where your results how well did the vast majority do and should i be stressing out as much as i already am. I tend to take extremely detailed notes and i fear i could get lost in information that does not pertain to the exams.

Thank you
    I promise you someone has a study guide that will be almost word for word with the test. Make friends and find that guy. Even without the study guide as long as you put some effort in to studying you will be fine.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    hows my boy doing?
    So far hes hanging in with the best of us week 11 is almost done and talk of grad day seems to be the main topic right now
    Sorry, I should have looked at the date on the first post. Im late to the party
    lol never to late

Today was qual day for our squad with the weather as cold as its been hasnt made for the most pleasent for shooting but i did get a perfect 240
    for all 3 quailifcations very happy with the x count i got second overall out 118 of us... he was a nra pistol champ but im please first 240 if ever gotten and to get it 3 times makes me very happy

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Ok, so how's it going? You guys are just about done, correct?
    tomorrow is grad day hard to believe but its all over tomorrow its been alot of fun and far more beneficial than i would have ever thought but we all all wore out and very much looking foward to getting back out on the streets

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    yup, congrats indeed! think of the academy as instruction on how to learn to be a cop. you will learn how to actually do the job when you hit the street. never stop learning and always "keep it moving". every situation is different and every run is fluid. keep it moving or you'll risk sinking or running aground. good luck and stay safe!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    yup, congrats indeed! think of the academy as instruction on how to learn to be a cop. you will learn how to actually do the job when you hit the street. never stop learning and always "keep it moving". every situation is different and every run is fluid. keep it moving or you'll risk sinking or running aground. good luck and stay safe!
    This....
    Or like the "Old Guys" told me waaaayy back when I went to The Academy.
    "Learn everything they have to teach."
    "Do everything they tell you to do."
    "Pass the Course."
    "Then after you get back home we'll teach you how to be a Police Officer." ;)

Top Bottom