• chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Gavin Newsom needs to worry about his own state. :xmad:

‘Indiana Doesn’t Own Your Body. You Do.’ | California's governor touts the state as abortion sanctuary on Indiana billboards​

Ironic, given how much the state of California deigns to own/control about your body, from cradle to grave.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Going to the IN Supreme Court:

Two copies of the same article:

A more in depth article regarding why state congressmen & women are holding off additional legislation:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I'm wondering if this pertains to the few instances of legal abortions that will still be allowed. AKA, if the abortion is being performed to save the life of the mother but fails and results in a severely injured baby, the physician performing the abortion cannot be charged with anything because the abortion was deemed legal in the first place. Does that make sense?
    No part of a philosophically unjustifiable abortion restriction makes sense. Unless the argument behind it is to deprive women of their bodily autonomy and place further strain on a society plagued with single parent households who are reliant on an already faltering welfare system. I kinda feel like women should have the right to healthcare and that women should decide the things that directly and almost exclusively affect women's bodies but hey...what do I know lol.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    And you guys are absolutely entitled to your belief and wishes. I am as well, to mine.

Politically, that’s a non starter. It’s a fast way to turn our own base to the libs side, with all the emotional arguments we’ve all heard.

I don’t want to lose this fight because some Dem writes the ballot question to induce a particular answer and the media gins up support on that basis, as happened in Kansas.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Way to stir the pot man! lol Pretty excellent conversation to be honest.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    No we get oppression. Law is supposed to make all people equal before a higher code. Not set our society back 50 years in terms of social progress.
    Name one other time in history when taking a being that is objectively a human (that is, an individual organism classified as homo sapiens) and saying that this being is not a "person" and thus does not deserve human rights, constituted "social progress."

I'll wait.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No part of a philosophically unjustifiable abortion restriction makes sense. Unless the argument behind it is to deprive women of their bodily autonomy and place further strain on a society plagued with single parent households who are reliant on an already faltering welfare system. I kinda feel like women should have the right to healthcare and that women should decide the things that directly and almost exclusively affect women's bodies but hey...what do I know lol.
    Opposition to abortion has zero to do with the bodily autonomy of the mother, and everything to do with the bodily autonomy of the human being who is killed through abortion. Until basic, freshman high school-level understanding of biology is acknowledged in this discussion, no common ground will ever be found.

The 98.5% of abortions that are performed for purely elective reasons are not "healthcare".

But, there are other threads to debate abortion. This thread involves current Indiana state statute.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Name one other time in history when taking a being that is objectively a human (that is, an individual organism classified as homo sapiens) and saying that this being is not a "person" and thus does not deserve human rights, constituted "social progress."

I'll wait.
    You're not going to get an answer to this. If you want to see the tired, rehashed arguments, appeal to emotion, straw men, and non sequiturs, see any of the current abortion threads.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Article:

News briefing:

Oral Arguments:

Top Bottom