• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This evening on 465 during the daily southside slowdown, a tractor with a tri axel flat bed came up beside me. On each wheel of the trailer on the right side was a yellow metal strap affixed to one of the lug nuts that was bent to follow the contour of the rim and maybe 1/4 of the way up the sidewall of the tire. This strap way maybe 1 1/2" wide and painted yellow. I have no clue what their purpose is. If it makes any difference, the trailer had supper single tires.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    This evening on 465 during the daily southside slowdown, a tractor with a tri axel flat bed came up beside me. On each wheel of the trailer on the right side was a yellow metal strap affixed to one of the lug nuts that was bent to follow the contour of the rim and maybe 1/4 of the way up the sidewall of the tire. This strap way maybe 1 1/2" wide and painted yellow. I have no clue what their purpose is. If it makes any difference, the trailer had supper single tires.
    It's usually a piece of plastic. We use chalk to mark the sidewall so you can see if it's moving when you start pulling a trailer. Doesn't take long dragging a stationary wheel to ruin or blow a tire out.

Top Bottom