• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    So last night the run capacitor for my blower motor died. Motor was just humming and turning very slow this morning and there was a burnt smell throughout the house this morning. Replaced cap and it seems to be functional now.

Question is, could this have damaged the blower motor? We keep our Tstat set at 68 and when I noticed the furnace wasn't running I checked the Tstat and it still read 68 so it wasn't off for long.

If advisable, I would rather replace the blower motor before it craps out completely and I'm stuck without heat.

Thanks guys.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So last night the run capacitor for my blower motor died. Motor was just humming and turning very slow this morning and there was a burnt smell throughout the house this morning. Replaced cap and it seems to be functional now.

Question is, could this have damaged the blower motor? We keep our Tstat set at 68 and when I noticed the furnace wasn't running I checked the Tstat and it still read 68 so it wasn't off for long.

If advisable, I would rather replace the blower motor before it craps out completely and I'm stuck without heat.

Thanks guys.

The small i a combo of dirt and insulation being burned off by the high temps generated in the windings. Yes, it is hurt.It might run for a while or a few years but it is hurt. Think of over heating your car. Badly. Same deal.

Replace it if you can.

Top Bottom