• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    A while back, I noticed that I had the title "Plinker" underneath my profile name on the posts I submitted in various threads. At first, I thought it was related to rep scores but then I noticed there were several folks with "GrandMaster" as their title but very few rep icons. Conversely, there were folks with lots of rep icons with the same "Plinker" title I have. I'm just curious what determines our title or rank?

Thanks.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yup. The title immediately beneath your username is mostly determined by post count and will change over time. Those who are Site Supporters can change our titles to (almost) anything we want as one of the perks.

That is different from the stars and pips (see under GPIA7R) which is a measure of reputation. People can click the star icon below your post if they particularly like what's there for any reason- funny, insightful, informative, etc. As your own rep goes up, you will be able to give out more points. Don't take rep scores too seriously, there are ways to artificially inflate them, so they don't mean all that much any more.

---

Woot! Just noticed that I hit the 7,000 post plateau. Off to join the 7,000 post club! I wonder if they have cookies?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom