• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Howdy gun folks. I just recently got a S&W bodyguard with the build in CT (newer version with the red switch). It's also my first S&W.

I noticed that there is a mark on it on the inside of the trigger guard on the frame. It looks like where the molding process would join. It looks exceptionally bad in my opinion however.

My question to all you other BG owners is do you have this mark as well? Is it common with S&W, or did I get a bad run?

Attachments

• 20230415_000505.jpg
      20230415_000505.jpg
      286.3 KB · Views: 26
    • 20230415_000558.jpg
      20230415_000558.jpg
      233.1 KB · Views: 26

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Yeah mine has a mark there also. Never noticed it till you pointed it out. Probably like said a mark from the mold came together. Definitely a cosmetic flaw. But the gun runs solid just shot it today and it functioned flawlessly. So I can live with it since it is not a $1k BBQ gun but a EDC tool and tools get scratched and worn. S&W should be a little better on their QC for their reputation. So I get what you mean.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Howdy gun folks. I just recently got a S&W bodyguard with the build in CT (newer version with the red switch). It's also my first S&W.

I noticed that there is a mark on it on the inside of the trigger guard on the frame. It looks like where the molding process would join. It looks exceptionally bad in my opinion however.

My question to all you other BG owners is do you have this mark as well? Is it common with S&W, or did I get a bad run?
    Yes, that’s a sprue mark and yes, it’s substantially worse than the one on mine.

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Love the INGO community.

I'm in the mindset of its a tool, I've put 28 miles with it in a desantis apache ankle holster this week. So cosmetic marks are bound to happen as with any EDC tool of mine. But finding out it shouldn't be this bad made me decide to contact S&W.

Because im also of the mindset that I want to be the one making those marks and patina from a blank slate.

Seems S&W agrees. I sent them a few pictures and they said it shouldn't have gotten past their QC and are going to warrenty it for me. They are sending a pre-paid shipping package to return it.

My old LCP will pull some overtime duty until the BG returns, so no biggie in the long run.

bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    Good to know, I have been looking into purchasing one of these bodyguards as a back up carry. I guess I’ll further inspect it when I decide to purchase. Meanwhile I’m with you on the lcp, I love these little pocket guns.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'm not disparaging anyone but shooting one of those mini-guns can be a real challenge. The easier it is to carry, the more difficult to hit something with is a mantra I think every trainer agrees with. Training is even more critical with a really small pistol IMHO if you want to successfully defend yourself.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I have a mark in the same spot, but it is not nearly as pronounced as yours. IMO it's normal part of the molding, but they were a bit lazy on buffing it out on yours. Still shouldn't impact anything.

I'm not disparaging anyone but shooting one of those mini-guns can be a real challenge. The easier it is to carry, the more difficult to hit something with is a mantra I think every trainer agrees with. Training is even more critical with a really small pistol IMHO if you want to successfully defend yourself.

Yes, those tiny guns are more difficult to shoot accurately. It is not my every-day carry, but they have their place. Actually, I took my bodyguard to the range yesterday. Very accurate at 25' (nice grouping just above the bullseye, I need to adjust my sight slightly.) ok at 50' (much wider grouping but still roughly centered well). Terrible at 75' (all over the paper). But this gun is meant for close quarters. And the laser is very accurate, although I doubt I would bother w/ it in a self-defense scenario where milliseconds count.

Overall it is a good choice for a mouse gun. Very useful if I need to wear a button-down shirt & slacks, or any other outfit where pocket carry is my only viable choice.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    To its credit, even with its loooong trigger pull and roughly 83lb trigger weight, the actual sights on the BG380 make it usable at more than belly to belly distance. It’s quite accurate out to 20 yards or so, if you do your part.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have a mark in the same spot, but it is not nearly as pronounced as yours. IMO it's normal part of the molding, but they were a bit lazy on buffing it out on yours. Still shouldn't impact anything.

Yes, those tiny guns are more difficult to shoot accurately. It is not my every-day carry, but they have their place. Actually, I took my bodyguard to the range yesterday. Very accurate at 25' (nice grouping just above the bullseye, I need to adjust my sight slightly.) ok at 50' (much wider grouping but still roughly centered well). Terrible at 75' (all over the paper). But this gun is meant for close quarters. And the laser is very accurate, although I doubt I would bother w/ it in a self-defense scenario where milliseconds count.

Overall it is a good choice for a mouse gun. Very useful if I need to wear a button-down shirt & slacks, or any other outfit where pocket carry is my only viable choice.
    I'm fortunate that I can dress around what I shoot best and don't have to worry about a pocket gun. I've struggled to teach a number of new shooters to shoot a Bodyguard as well as a 38 snubby and it never goes well. Almost any hand swallows them up to it's a different grip almost every time and difficult to be accurate with. As always practice is the key but most people can't even find the lock. :scratch:

Top Bottom