• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    A friend of mine just signed up to take the Florida carry class but does not currently have an Indiana LTCH, I was under the impression that Indiana requires you to still have an Indiana license even id you get an out of state license.
    So, can you get an out of state license with having a Indiana carry permit?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm not sure if I understand the question, but I'll take a shot: you can get a Florida CCW permit while being an Indiana resident. (I've had several students take my NRA Basic Pistol course in order to get a Florida CCW, since it meets the Florida training requirements). However, if your friend is an Indiana resident, he needs to get an Indiana LTCH to carry in Indiana. While Indiana recognizes every other State's license/permit to carry - that is only for non-residents. Indiana residents need an Indiana LTCH.

Guy

Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Thanks guys for the reply, It seriously is a buddy of mine that I am asking this for, and I just called him and let him know I verified that "yes you need an Indiana LTCH" and he informed me that he called the people he is taking the course from and and they told him he does not....

I gave him your number Guy and he will be contacting you tomorrow, hopefully you can persuade him that he and his 4 buddies would be better off spending their money on someone who actually knows the laws they teach....lol.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I'm not sure if I understand the question, but I'll take a shot: you can get a Florida CCW permit while being an Indiana resident. (I've had several students take my NRA Basic Pistol course in order to get a Florida CCW, since it meets the Florida training requirements). However, if your friend is an Indiana resident, he needs to get an Indiana LTCH to carry in Indiana. While Indiana recognizes every other State's license/permit to carry - that is only for non-residents. Indiana residents need an Indiana LTCH.

Guy

Cite please.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Cite please.

IC 35-47-2-21
    Recognition of retail dealers' licenses and licenses to carry handguns issued by other states
    Sec. 21. (a) Retail dealers' licenses issued by other states or foreign countries will not be recognized in Indiana except for sales at wholesale.
    (b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Top Bottom