• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Since we are no longer talking warranties here, then we can talk corporate sponsored champions like Smith & Wesson's Doug Koenig or even Julie Goloski. (Formerly with Glock)

Doug Koenig's resume:

1990-2006 Professional Shooter

Major Championships Victories

2007 Masters International Champion
    2007 NRA Bianchi Cup National Champion
    2007 European Bianchi Cup National Champion
    2007 Sportsman Team Challenge Champion
    The Masters International Championship – 1991, 1993*, 1994, 1995,1996*, 1999*, 2000*, 2001*, 2002 and 2003 (* First and only person to achieve perfect score)
    Bianchi Cup – 1990*, 1992 , 1998 , 2000 , 2001, 2002 and 2003
    European Bianchi Cup – 1999 , 1920 187x’s World Record
    Steel Challenge – 1999 , 2000 and 2001
    IPSC World Championship – 1990
    Sportsman’s Team Challenge – 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 , 2000, 2001 and 2003
    World Action Pistol Champion – 1999
    World All-Around Championship – 1999, 2000, 2001 (Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun)
    ESPN Great Outdoor Games – 2000, 2001 , 2002 Silver Medal, 2003 Gold Medal

yeah, seems like sooo long ago doesn't it.

Now for modern times:

8-Time USPSA National Champion
    7-Time IDPA National Champion
    5-Time IDPA Winter Champion
    2-Time TSA National Champion
    2-Time Steel Challenge World IDPA Champion
    2-Time Winchester World Challenge Champion
    Light & Laser Invitational Champion
    Steel Challenge World Rimfire Champion
    Steel Challenge National Steel Master Champion
    Steel Challenge National Limited Champion
    IPSC World & Pan American Production Champion

not bad for a *explosion* glock

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    jerry miculek-

He is endorsed by Smith & Wesson, who created the S&W Model 625JM model in honor of him.
    An avid shooter, Jerry holds numerous national and world shooting titles:

• Five time USPSA 3-Gun National Championship
    • Four time 2nd Chance Bowling Pin Champion
    • 1997 American Handgunner World Shoot-Off Champion (The only person ever to win this title with a revolver.)
    • Fourteen time International Revolver Champion
    • Member of five time winning pro team at the Sportsmans Team Challenge
    • Three time Masters International Long Gun Champion
    • Three time USPSA National Revolver Champion
    • Two time IPSC World Revolver Champion
    • Two time IDPA Enhanced Service Revolver Champion
    • One time Bianchi Cup Metallic Champion
    point being it's the shooter winning not the gun anyone of these guys could still win with any gun. any company worth it's salt will help you out period.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I had problems with the trigger on my Sigma and Smith took care of it. The only problem it developed the same issue again within a few hundred rounds so I got rid of it. Now that being said all models have a lemon here or there. My cousin has about a year newer sigma than mine and he has had no problems. I like his in fact. I however do love my Glocks and will keep on owning them but maybe someday another sigma may sneak its way into the group.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Jerry is the man, doesn't mean 4 million Glocks aren't being used by LEO's and Military around the globe.

Dude asked a question about Glocks, not grenades.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    If they are so good why not put a lifetime warrenty behind them ? Im glad I looked at this post didnt know Glocks only had a 1 year warrenty ! Guess Ill have to sell mine. Anyways any company that makea a quality piece should have a lifetime warrenty just ask Springfield !!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Yes...they are well made. Be a good sheeple and buy a Glock. Why does everyone want something everyone else has? I carry a G22 every day....and I hate it. But it is made well and shoots more than adequate. But I prefer a weapon with character. Something Glocks lack in my opinion. Gimme almost any 1911 any day of the week over the G22. Just personal preference.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    What's the life expectancy of a Glock? I've never owned one,but my 3yr.old Taurus PT111 has shot 1000's of rounds-nary a jam or any problem. So far-don't need the lifetime warranty,but I'm glad they appreciate their customer base enough to Include it.:D

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes...they are well made. Be a good sheeple and buy a Glock. Why does everyone want something everyone else has? I carry a G22 every day....and I hate it. But it is made well and shoots more than adequate. But I prefer a weapon with character. Something Glocks lack in my opinion. Gimme almost any 1911 any day of the week over the G22. Just personal preference.

Or, if you're just dead set on a Glock, get a Glock 20. The 10mm always has character.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    It's all in good fun. I think there are a lot of quality mfg'd firearms out there and I most certainly own and enjoy more than just the Glock brand. Its all subjective and what the user is comfortable with. Personally though, if I had to trust my life to just one firearm for the rest of my life, it would be a Glock. For me, its the most comfortable accurate and reliable piece (or two) that I own. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Not even sure that I want to enter in this poo-flinging fest, but here goes...

Glock moves a huge quantity of product and a sells at a slim margin to keep prices down for people/organizations with large orders that care about the pennies per gun savings. More warranty (i.e. lifetime vs 1yr) increases bottom-line costs per weapon because you have to maintain more techs, more people to deal with incoming repair requests, etc. Glock is in the business of making guns not repairing them.

Also, longer warranties do not imply a higher quality product. They are more of a marketing tool to give the buyer peace of mind. Glock already has a solid reputation and does not need to incur more costs by warranting them for any longer than the first year (where most manufacturing defects will become apparent anyway).

:twocents:
    ~Poe

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

See, I can understand your argument, because you back the 1911, one of the best handguns made ever.

I can see the point of the XD guys, even though their's is just a modern knock off of the original, the Glock.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If they are so good why not put a lifetime warrenty behind them ? Im glad I looked at this post didnt know Glocks only had a 1 year warrenty ! Guess Ill have to sell mine. Anyways any company that makea a quality piece should have a lifetime warrenty just ask Springfield !!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

Guess they didn't think they needed a lifetime, because nothing ever happens to them? :dunno:

Top Bottom