• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    I have not lived here that long. My wife and I are going to go this week to get our LTCH in Indiana. I have looked at the procedure on line and talked to the town police who were very helpful and seemed quite supportive.

My question is this, I have heard that there is an accelerated process that one can go through to get the permit. I understand it costs extra but it considerably shortens the time between submitting the paperwork and when the permit actually arrives. Can anyone tell me if this is true and where I can find out more about it?

Thanks.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    I went through the process last week - signed up online for my appointment with L-1 on Tuesday. Friday afternoon went downtown and got fingerprinted at IPS HQ, then drove a few blocks over to the City County Bldg for my local prints and record check. It was less than an hour from when I parked on Senate until I left my parking space on Alabama. Hopefully my license will be in the mailbox when I get back in town tomorrow evening.

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    Well, I think I may be out of luck on this. I live in Morgan County and Morgan doesn't participate in the online app. So May not be able to do it.

And by the way, I'm not getting the lifetime permit because I am not going to be living here for the rest of my life. We will be going back to Tennessee in the next couple of years or so. I'm not staying in Indi-TAX-ana for the rest of my life.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Well, I think I may be out of luck on this. I live in Morgan County and Morgan doesn't participate in the online app. So May not be able to do it.

And by the way, I'm not getting the lifetime permit because I am not going to be living here for the rest of my life. We will be going back to Tennessee in the next couple of years or so. I'm not staying in Indi-TAX-ana for the rest of my life.

Understandable... BUT, you can "suspend" the permit for when you're not living in Indiana. Should you EVER find yourself back up here, even in 25 years, you should be able to just call up the ISP and "reactivate". That's the way it would work NOW, though. Might not be that way in 25 years.

The only downfall to the lifetime permit, is that other states won't honor the permit like they do the 4 year permit.

This is 100% false. What gun shop did you hear this in?

-J-

Top Bottom