www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unless you like spam that is...

I made one purchase from them over the summer. Then I started to get "We miss you" emails from them with specials. So I unsubscribed. (You should only unsubscribe from sources you know how you got onto the list or it just gets worse) A month or so passed and I started getting them again. So I unsubscribed again from ALL lists. Then last month I got yet ANOTHER "we miss you" spam. So this time I printed out and wrote the date on the successful unsubscribe page and stuck it to my office wall so I would remember for sure that I actually did it, and didnt just mean to.

Three guesses what just landed in my damn inbox a few minutes ago?

I swear this is their CEO.

5d39f6aba13c955d0b76fa94

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Unless you like spam that is...

I made one purchase from them over the summer. Then I started to get "We miss you" emails from them with specials. So I unsubscribed. (You should only unsubscribe from sources you know how you got onto the list or it just gets worse) A month or so passed and I started getting them again. So I unsubscribed again from ALL lists. Then last month I got yet ANOTHER "we miss you" spam. So this time I printed out and wrote the date on the successful unsubscribe page and stuck it to my office wall so I would remember for sure that I actually did it, and didnt just mean to.

Three guesses what just landed in my damn inbox a few minutes ago?

I swear this is their CEO.

5d39f6aba13c955d0b76fa94
    I cant stand that crap. Probably 90% of companies I have "unsubscribed" from have continued to harass me.. I actually wrote a letter and snail mailed to a few and that worked but I dont have $1000 dollars of stamps to do that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The last company to do that to me was none other than Cabelas. Multiple, daily, junk emails from them for an entire month after my last purchase and no matter how many times I unsubscribed it just seemed to pour fuel on the fire until the end of their BS "it may take up to 30 days to remove you from our list" garbage.

I hate to turn my back on a supplier that large, but, they pretty much begged me to do it. They are now my last option of places to shop.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have considered returning to them a copy of each one they send... VIA FAX. I can send for free from my PC. It costs them toner and paper. LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    looking at my printout, it looks like they send out "we miss you" emails the 22nd of every month in the early afternoon.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yeah... I totally forgot that I never gave them an updated email address. Used to get like 3 or 4 a day from them sometimes.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Changing e-mail is a thing that's going to happen.

For political parties and candidates also...I get about 1k a week. Next up a new phone number to a rotary phone to stop the text messages.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Changing e-mail is a thing that's going to happen.

For political parties and candidates also...I get about 1k a week. Next up a new phone number to a rotary phone to stop the text messages.

Would you move because an ex wouldnt stop stalking you? Pretty much the same. Changing email is a "move" and a royal PITA since every site uses your email for you username.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have an email filter for the word "unsubscribe" that fixes most of these things for me. I may have to add "opt out" soon.

That's not a bad idea, but I'd have to be pretty selective about filtering in who I wanted to get stuff from. I think all of my bills and such all have unsubscribe links.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    That's not a bad idea, but I'd have to be pretty selective about filtering in who I wanted to get stuff from. I think all of my bills and such all have unsubscribe links.

With many email options, you can set exceptions. I have a couple newsletters that I actually want to receive, so I just add the sending addresses there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I get a ton of emails from Pyramid Air too after buying some pellets from them once. I guess I could unsubscribe, although it sounds like they'd ignore it. But it literally takes me mere seconds to hit the delete button and they vanish. Not a big deal for me. Especially now that I've been working from home, I'm logged into my personal computer all day long, so they don't even have a chance to build up in my Inbox.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And even after Doug telling me I was removed from the list, guess who just emailed me again?

Absolutely incompetent. Seriously, buy your airgun stuff ANYWHERE else.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I run 3 email addresses:
    One for orders and spam, one for regular email, no spamming companies and friends. One for important stuff.

I generally do not get any spam in the 3rd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom