• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I want fun at my FUNeral.. being cremated and shot out of a cannon OR set on a 5 lb charge of tannerite. Then fireworks. My worries will be over.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My family, being the Irish folk that we are, has always had a bottle or two with which to refill the hip flasks that are distributed amongst us? Didn’t cost either!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If it's my funeral and you drop $500 for a bar, I'm going to haunt you. The ghost of money wasted OoooOOOOOooooo!!!!!

$500 is a LOT of PBR, ice, and Styrofoam coolers. These places have parking lots for a reason.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    When both my Mom and Dad died, they wanted a celebration, so after both the wake and funeral for each of them, everyone was invited back to the house for food, booze, and memories. It was a good time during dark hours. I want the same thing when i go!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    A buddy of mine is being cremated. He wants me to load up a few of his ashes in projectiles and "shoot him" at the range. I will do that. Np.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My brother was the manger of a very popular restaurant and bar in Castle Rock CO, and had run several places in Denver as well. When he passed away, we had a viewing before he was cremated. A lot of people came After the viewing I found several bottles in his casket.

After cremation we had a memorial service in the local church because the funeral home knew from the get-go that they were no where big enough to hold everyone that would come. Three or four hundred people. Immediately following we had wake (I guess) at the restaurant he had managed which was officially not open for business, but since everybody in the church came over the place was jammed for hours. I don't know if the owners charged anyone else or not, they comped me and my sister for food and drink, but I know a lot of drink flowed.

All things considered it was actually a pretty good time, lots of good stories and laughs as well as tears from people.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    My brother-in-law died at the relatively young age of 56. He had requested a wake in lieu of a funeral. They passed around Dixie Cups and poured a shot into each from a bottle of Jack Daniels and then his friends joined in a toast to him. Better than sitting in a funeral parlor listening to the women sniffle and the men stifle yawns.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I want a few bottles of what everyone wants to drink there. Maybe bring some hot wings and some chips and dip. Enjoy the last moments around me. That's a whole lot better then sobbing when the lid is closed. I want a bottle of SoCo or Yukon Jack in there with me when they drop me in.

I have tried to enjoy life and not make those around me sad to know me. Why should my death be anything different.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    We recently had a funeral in town that (per the wishes of the deceased) had a grill going out back, grilled food inside, and a big sign out front that said, "Now Showing John Doe". It made the news (which is how I knew about it).

Top Bottom