• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am glad the tournament is during Lent so I am more focussed on maintaining self control and self discipline. Otherwise.....

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The good news is, there is an IHSAA tournament coming up in less than a year...and Purdue may have a chance. The tournament is divided up based on the size of the school.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To me this is bigger than just PU. The Big10 allows all that physical play, coaches must recruit and coach to win that way. PU won the regular season and tournament playing Big10 bang ball. PU had no one that could run with the quickness of FD tonight. No one that could nail a critical three when they needed one. Heck, they struggled to just get the ball across mid court. Embarrassing to the whole league to see their champion taken down by a nobody…
    IU experiences the same thing tonight. A faster team that beats them to the ball but all the brawn that won in the Big10 did nothing…

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    IU experiences the same thing tonight. A faster team that beats them to the ball but all the brawn that won in the Big10 did nothing…
    Yep. Same thing happened in football. Took everyone in the Big 10 way too long to realize that 3yds and a cloud of dust was gone and wasn't coming back. Tiller figured it out at Purdue, then OSU eventually embraced it. IU tried, but never really had the players for it. Basketball has become spacing, pace, pick n roll, and open 3s. The big 10 still hasn't really adapted.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep. Same thing happened in football. Took everyone in the Big 10 way too long to realize that 3yds and a cloud of dust was gone and wasn't coming back. Tiller figured it out at Purdue, then OSU eventually embraced it. IU tried, but never really had the players for it. Basketball has become spacing, pace, pick n roll, and open 3s. The big 10 still hasn't really adapted.
    Exactly, SEC football is pro style.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Time for Painter to go. Should have been let go years ago when he was banging that cheerleader.
    He should have been fired with two minutes to go in that game and replaced by any random fan in Purdue gear. Couldn't have been any worse.

How many teams do you see playing today where the kid bringing the ball down the court has to look to the coach for the play, on every single possession.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My problem with Painter is the simple fact that every game they lost this year followed virtually the exact same script, and yet, at tourney time, he still didn't have an answer that could beat a 16 seed.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interesting to my point about the larger conference play, a D2 player in 2021, averaging 6 points for the season in D1, gets 19 points, scores at least 9 straight in the last minutes, against the Big10 champs in route to defeating them.

Against other smaller but quick teams he typically get 6, but against a slow big and strong team, he used that quickness to kill them.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    :popcorn:
    Analysts are saying Tennessee doesn't have the ability to keep up with Purdue.

I've never known the Volunteers to lay down.
    Still rooting for Purdue, but not holding my breath.

Top Bottom