• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lobo2087

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Took the puppy on his first outing yesterday, he is exhausted today.

Didn't mind the shotgun one bit but he wasn't sure what to do with his first bird..it was still alive when we got to it so he pee'd on it.

He did ok though so once he stops marinating the birds I think he will be a good partner.

DSC03683.jpg

1stbird.jpg

Lobo2087

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Wow . . . great day today. Took him out for the second time and after a bit he seemed to catch on to what I wanted when I told him "find the bird, find the bird" pretty fast and before too long he was finding most of them on his own. Still wouldn't pick them up but it was nice having him show me where the ones in the brush were.

Just might turn out to be a pretty good hunting dog. Also today was the first time my son ever decided he would go hunting with me, never used a shotgun, never tried to shoot a bird in flight as far as I know and picked an old single barrel 20 out of my safe this morning . . . those are his first 4 birds :-) ............. Good day all round, especially when he comes up later and says he wished he had gone with me in the past all these years.

EvanNmister2.jpg

Mnmister.jpg

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Great day you had there! You know life doesnt get much better than a new pup, your son and their first birds, outstanding way to spend some time.

ihunt

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne area
    Looks like a good time. Kid, dog and outdoors. Sounds like what memories are made of. Weather is better there. Wish it would stop raining for a few days here. Winter is really coming soon I believe. Forecast has been changed for the weekend, going to be cooler than first stated.

Top Bottom