• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    A-holes like him would try and use Probable Cause by you admitting you have an extra mag as justification that their lives are in danger to search your vehicle.

There just no reason for people to be like that.

Which is why I wouldnt ever say anything about it. If asked directly "Do you have any extra magazines, ammo, things like that?" I would st,ate "Yes, I have a box of ammo and mag in the glove box."

He can have the satisfaction of taking that box, which is missing 33 rounds, and that extra mag, and I will just ask him to put the cartridges in the box, so they dont get lost. If he asks me to get out of my car for some strange reason, I will deal with that as the situation evolves. I would have dug myself a hole, but whatever.

68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    This makes no sense, so maybe I am not reading it correctly. He asked you if you had a firearm, you said yes. He asked you if you had a permit, you said yes. He asked to see the permit, but then didnt want to see it? So you could have been lying to him, and he had no interest in making sure you were truly legal.

Then he asks to search your car, and you say yes. (Dumb move though, I have had been there, done that, not worth the time) In the end he doesnt search the car though? That is just odd.

It was here in the small town that i live. I have nothing to hide , if he wanted to search my car he could. It seemed odd to me also ,that is why i said it must have showed that i had a permit when he ran my license. He did take my permit , but didn't ask to see gun.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    To all the officers who are "just watching out for your safety", how do you feel knowing that these incidents where you humiliate people who are trying to treat you right by informing are causing more and more people to exercise their right to NEVER inform you.

I was once on the fence about informing. Now, I will NEVER inform.

What irony - rub a guy's nose in it who was purposefully polite to you, causing other people to remained armed in secrecy during contact with you. Stupid.

yea, i was on the fence too, till i had a cop make me step out of the car hands on the hood while he disarmed me(this is after i showed him my LTCH) then after he calls it in, he has me pop the trunk and puts the handgun in the trunk(and a free trunk check as well) from now on im keeping my mouth shut.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I got pulled over for a brake light being out. The officer ran my license and came back asking if i had gun for personnel protection.( must have showed up when he ran my license that i had a permit to carry) I told him i did. He asked if i had a permit and to see it. He never asked to see the gun , but asked where i got it. He asked if i would have a problem with him searching my car . Told him i wouldn't have a problem . He said he wouldn't search my car and let me off with a warning for the brake light.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.” Samuel Adams

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Funny thing. Stopped by ISP on the way down to turkey hunt last spring in my tin can metro. Sort of a bogus stop, but whatever. Officer MOST PROBABLY saw the shotgun in the hatchback, the mag on the console, and the butt of the 229 sticking out from under my left leg. Asked if I had any weapons. I said "Yes, I do! One long gun and two handguns. You'll probably want this, too." and handed over my carry permit with my license and reg. No problem.
    Got stopped late on a saturday evening three weeks ago, (and I DESERVED it. Cause I was not paying attention to my speed, and speeding. ) Upon being informed of weapons, Officer disarmed me till he realized that he knew me, and sent me on my way. Funny, embarrassing, and really made me think about whether or not to volunteer that info. Not set in stone one way or the other, right now.

Top Bottom