• ...and so much more!
  • mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    Pull the EPA’s teeth.

Someone needs to go to Washington D.C. to pull the EPA’s teeth.

They are out of control. Here are a few things they are trying to or have already killed.

1 Incandescent light bulbs. All bulbs will soon be made in china.

2 Wood fired appliances. They want to stop people from heating with wood...

3 Coal. No more cheap electricity. Obama said your energy bill will necessarily skyrocket.

4 Trucking industry. They want to raise the MPG on medium and heavy trucks too much too soon.

5 Leather tanning. None of the leather we use is processed in the USA any longer.

6 Lead smelting. They have regulated our last smelter out of the country.

7 Water rights. They are trying to change the definition of “navigable” so they can regulate private water. (ditches, steams, ponds and tiles)

All of these regulations are big job killers. If anyone else can add to this list, please do. I am out of time to type more.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The EPA has clearly out lived its usefulness. But none of the buearcrates who got to high pay levels when the organization was growing wants to loose their cushy jobs.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Would love to see them eliminated and let the States deal with it. One of Nixon's bad moves.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The EPA is EVIL!!! Did you see what they did in Ghostbusters??

Funny.

Although, The actual hotheadedness and fear of the 'forcibly' unknown portrayed in that film are all too real and are an actual impending threat to the people's 'self' reliance.

Clean water and air would be more benefited by letting go the 'dependency' on a city scape for food, clothing and shelter.

The EPA's claim to help the environment, is heavily overshadowed by the desperate and almost certain importation of goods produced in other countries that have no control over pollution. Why not start there? Why the hecK are you in my backyard, why are you in my food, why are you looking at my hogs, chickens, firewood, etc?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Yep, the more regulations we set up here the more business moves overseas, and they always operate far more heavily polluted in those nations. Even without regulation US corporations were more ecologically friendly than many foreign nations producing goods for US markets.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Funny.

Although, The actual hotheadedness and fear of the 'forcibly' unknown portrayed in that film are all too real and are an actual impending threat to the people's 'self' reliance.

Clean water and air would be more benefited by letting go the 'dependency' on a city scape for food, clothing and shelter.

The EPA's claim to help the environment, is heavily overshadowed by the desperate and almost certain importation of goods produced in other countries that have no control over pollution. Why not start there? Why the hecK are you in my backyard, why are you in my food, why are you looking at my hogs, chickens, firewood, etc?

Well, the way I see it, the White River, in my area, was pretty polluted when I was a young boy. I remember finding discharges of very nasty stuff going into the river back in the early 70's. That same stretch of river is incomparable today; so much cleaner and with so many more and nicer fish to be caught (and safer to eat). I won't argue that the EPA might need to be "reeled back a bit". But, I'll argue all day long that without the protections provided by the Clean Water Act, that same stretch of river would not be as clean as it is today.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Well, the way I see it, the White River, in my area, was pretty polluted when I was a young boy. I remember finding discharges of very nasty stuff going into the river back in the early 70's. That same stretch of river is incomparable today; so much cleaner and with so many more and nicer fish to be caught (and safer to eat). I won't argue that the EPA might need to be "reeled back a bit". But, I'll argue all day long that without the protections provided by the Clean Water Act, that same stretch of river would not be as clean as it is today.

Nothing would protect the water better than destroying the need to have a huge corporation to do your bidding, when we did it for 1000's of years without.
    And SWAT teams? To enforce the SAFE WATER ACT.
    Gold miners near Chicken cry foul over 'heavy-handed' EPA raids

Top Bottom