• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I have spoken to PTR customer service and supplied the requested info for an RMA. They are being very sluggish in their pace of response.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have spoken to PTR customer service and supplied the requested info for an RMA. They are being very sluggish in their pace of response.
    That's not very good customer service. The only times I needed to use customer service was with Ruger and Rock Island Armory and both were excellent.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I heard they were known for break-in issues but oof. Brand new PTR91 GIR-K, just over $1,000 from Atlantic Firearms, and it fails to extract every two or three rounds. The bolt just won't unlock reliably. It's 30% of the way to being a bolt action .308.

120 rounds of M80 ball and it didn't improve at all. My arm's sore from running the charging handle over and over. Is this what $1000 buys on the American-made market now? :stickpoke:

Got an email out to PTR now. Man this is a disappointment.

90% of inspections here turn into autopsies, the parts are so poor, or the assembly is so bad I pretty much have to star over.

Virtually all the $299 farm store/LSG 'Specials' have several serious issues and by the time they are corrected by a competent gunsmith, the total cost is what a quality firearm would have cost in the first place.

I never could understand why so many manufacturers were so highly spoken of on forums, but when the gauges were put on them they failed all over the place.
    Everyone *Thinks* their choice is 'Great' even when you can show them the flaws, and I don't understand that.

Be aware a military M4 runs the government about $5,000.
    They do run as advertised.

There is a series of videos, mostly on AR15s, showing the correct tools/gauges and what happens when things don't run correctly.
    More people should watch those so at least they know the warning signs...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That's not very good customer service. The only times I needed to use customer service was with Ruger and Rock Island Armory and both were excellent.
    I think they were just backed up a bit from the holiday. They did provide a shipping label and luckily I still had the original box around (I, uh...kinda made a brass deflector out of it).

It arrived at PTR about 5 days ago. We'll see what they say.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    90% of inspections here turn into autopsies, the parts are so poor, or the assembly is so bad I pretty much have to star over.

Virtually all the $299 farm store/LSG 'Specials' have several serious issues and by the time they are corrected by a competent gunsmith, the total cost is what a quality firearm would have cost in the first place.

I never could understand why so many manufacturers were so highly spoken of on forums, but when the gauges were put on them they failed all over the place.
    Everyone *Thinks* their choice is 'Great' even when you can show them the flaws, and I don't understand that.

Be aware a military M4 runs the government about $5,000.
    They do run as advertised.

There is a series of videos, mostly on AR15s, showing the correct tools/gauges and what happens when things don't run correctly.
    More people should watch those so at least they know the warning signs...
    What are you rambling on about? This has nothing to do with the op.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Came back today. Disturbingly short turnaround time. Nothing in the box except a new inspection sheet identical to the one that it shipped with.

Not gonna be very happy if they just sent it back to me as-is.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I may have been too pessimistic. It seems as though PTR has fixed whatever the issue was, despite no documentation and a suspiciously short stay at the shop. Credit where credit is due, it ate 40 rounds of the same ammo and 30 rounds of reloads today with 100% functionality across the same few magazines I used the first time. Brass is launching farther and rounds are still hitting to where I zeroed it.

Seems to be sorted out. Wasn't able to chrono the reloads due to poor light conditions, but I think I have a charge I can comfortably run with. We'll see what the next few hundred rounds bring.

Top Bottom