• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    PSA begins its march to market share and releases its clone of the Norinco/Polytech/Clayco Type 56.

$1,100 MSRP.

(Still to come for this year from PSA H&R clone of its M16A1)

1664398414096.png

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Looks like the Polytech I bought Pre 86 for $395! I sure wish I’d kept it!! I still have the under folder though. I’d like to see one

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    PSA begins its march to market share and releases its clone of the Norinco/Polytech/Clayco Type 56.

$1,100 MSRP.

(Still to come for this year from PSA H&R clone of its M16A1)

View attachment 227116
    If it had a milled receiver for that price I'd be interested. According to the article it's 1.5mm stamped receiver.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    IANAAKG. That being said, contrary to what many here would say, I don't believe PSA would bring to market an offering like this that was less than par for the platform (historically). Those guys have to be aware of how and where they've disappointed their client base in the past and would endeavor to not repeat past mistakes. Right??

As for the price, we live (by choice) in a free market system. So, they believe there are consumers out there that will pay that price for the privilege of ownership. The only question I see here is - are you one of those consumers?

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Not the AK that I want personally… but I am really happy to see how much effort PSA is putting into the AK market. So many good options there now. Reviews seems mostly good. Would rather spend the money for American jobs than something foreign anyway.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    I don't see the point of it. A commercial US built clone of a Chinese military rifle.....ok. Looks like they used an AKM profile barrel and not the Type 3 profile the Chinese used for their rifles. That alone bugs me enough to not be interested.

PSA should focus on fine tuning their existing rifles and QC instead of releasing new models every month.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The wood is not correct.
    In 1986 all the ones I saw in the crate were like below.
    if your going to do it blue them nicely and bring on the double under folder.

Attachments

• B45C6707-BD00-4A14-9ECE-5DDDBC4BFB2B.jpeg
      B45C6707-BD00-4A14-9ECE-5DDDBC4BFB2B.jpeg
      296.1 KB · Views: 10

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't see the point of it. A commercial US built clone of a Chinese military rifle.....ok. Looks like they used an AKM profile barrel and not the Type 3 profile the Chinese used for their rifles. That alone bugs me enough to not be interested.

PSA should focus on fine tuning their existing rifles and QC instead of releasing new models every month.
    But that goes against the new policy of most firearms manufacturers now days. The new policy is get it working decent enough for beta testing, and sell it and fix the problems after the customers find them. Then call it Gen 2 or 2.0 or some other identifier to show that this is the fixed version of the first beta. Welcome to the 2nd phase of the beta testing, and so on.

Fallschirmjaeger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 9, 2014
    Noblesville
    The furniture looks good. If they sell the furniture separately, that might be a good option to upgrade Mak90s and other ban-era AKs with thumbhole stocks. Same with the folding bayonet- the Chinese stuff is unobtainium.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Not perfect, but pretty dope.

A lot of these kind of guns have become unobtainable to regular people, who wouldn't shoot them even if they could get one. A gun you can beat up sounds good to me.

Also PSA making bayonets is just great.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Considering that the pre-Bush1-ban Poly Tech AKS-762 is selling for $2000 and up, if the quality is there, that is not a bad price in current dollars.

Top Bottom