• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    In the past, I have bought a bunch of these from Menards on rebate deals. I have found that neary 100% of them leak prior (sometimes by years) to their use by date.

Have had to clean up many devices, some destroyed.

Side note, the AC Delco batteries I have bought from Menards do not seem to suffer the same demise.

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    In the past, I have bought a bunch of these from Menards on rebate deals. I have found that neary 100% of them leak prior (sometimes by years) to their use by date.

Side note, the AC Delco batteries I have bought from Menards do not seem to suffer the same demise.
    We're they alkaline batteries

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I gave up and drop coin on Duracell. Never had a leak myself. I know others have, but none here. And unlike cheap house brands, I;ve never found dead ones in my go bags at refresh time.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I've completely given up on alkalines. They all leak...Duracell, Energizer, etc. I threw away EVERY alkaline in the house.

I now run Panasonic Eneloop rechargeables in almost everything. They perform wonderfully and don't leak. Cheaper in the long-run too. Available on Amazon, along with the charger. I store them in "storacell" holders.

My only exception to this is with devices that don't consume much energy and are left "running" for long periods of time (e.g. house temperature sensors, fire alarms, co2 sensors, flashlights that don't see high use, weapon lights, etc.). I'll use lithium disposable batteries in these devices...an expensive choice, but they lithiums have a very long shelf life, don't leak, and are ready when you need them.

Last edited:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I've completely given up on alkalines. They all leak...Duracell, Energizer, etc. I threw away EVERY alkaline in the house.

I now run Panasonic Eneloop rechargeables in almost everything. They perform wonderfully and don't leak. Cheaper in the long-run too. Available on Amazon, along with the charger. I store them in "storacell" holders.

My only exception to this is with devices that don't consume much energy and are left "running" for long periods of time (e.g. house temperature sensors, fire alarms, co2 sensors, flashlights that don't see high use, weapon lights, etc.). I'll use lithium disposable batteries in these devices...an expensive choice, but they lithiums have a very long shelf life, don't leak, and are ready when you need them.
    I pretty much do what you do except for rechargeable batteries I use the LADDA batteries from IKEA. Supposedly just like Eneloops but cheaper. I have been really happy with them except for the fact both times I have tried to get them at IKEA they didn't have enough AAAs. I have tons of AAs but barely any AAAs.

I don't use akalines anymore except for in the few things I have that take D batteries. Lithium AAs are expensive but cheaper than worrying about something being corroded beyond working when I need to use it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I pretty much do what you do except for rechargeable batteries I use the LADDA batteries from IKEA. Supposedly just like Eneloops but cheaper. I have been really happy with them except for the fact both times I have tried to get them at IKEA they didn't have enough AAAs. I have tons of AAs but barely any AAAs.

I don't use akalines anymore except for in the few things I have that take D batteries. Lithium AAs are expensive but cheaper than worrying about something being corroded beyond working when I need to use it.

Me too. I bought Eneloops to start with and have in recent years moved to Amazon rechargeables. The Eneloops are still working, but knowing their age I either use them in obvious high drain things or the opposite. I've never had a rechargeable leak and I've only had a couple give up.

:)

Top Bottom