• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Kutnupe 14, isn't it THEIR stupidity????? I would sell one of mine, if I thought I could get out of it what I wanted, and then just wait to see if things, "return to normal" and just go buy another ..... :twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kutnupe 14, isn't it THEIR stupidity????? I would sell one of mine, if I thought I could get out of it what I wanted, and then just wait to see if things, "return to normal" and just go buy another ..... :twocents:

I'm not saying the idea isn't smart, at least fiscally. Actually, speaking for the individual, it IS the smart thing to do. My contention is that it is ethically wrong if one believes that no AWB will be inacted, while selling their products at falsely inflated prices to people who do not. In effect, one is taking advantage of the system simply because they can.

There's nothing wrong with getting "what you wanted" out of something you own. And if a person had listed an Oly AR-15 at $2500 prior to this fiasco, he'd be ethically justified in his sale. I'm not talking about those people. I'm talking about the guy who had Rock River priced at $1200 one day, and $2400 the next. It is intellectually dishonest to believe that these persons don't understand this.

People cite correctly "supply and demand" economics to justify such sales. And while that premise is true, it's NOT Capitalism. I'll repeat that, it's NOT Capitalism. I referenced Laisse-Faire Capitalism earlier but apparently the thought was lost by some. The American ideal for our society is L-F Capitalism, which involves NO governmental control or influence on business. That is the cornerstone of true Capitalism. With this fiasco the govt has in effect swayed the market and created hundreds of little false "monopolies," or so the seller would have one believe, which "supply and demand" are reversed to "I demand this price because the supply is(or will be) finite." So in effect, sellers are exploiting favorable winds based on possible government policy and subsequent hysteria it created.

It's not illegal, and is fiscally smart, but it is 100% unethical.
    If you could convince a man with no legs to buy running shoes for himself, it would legal and fiscally smart, however, it would also be unethical.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Kut, what if you let the people on Gunbroker or Ebay decide the price they are willing to pay for what you have? I am putting a few extra mags I have never used on Ebay tomorrow and let them decide what they are willing to pay for them. Would I ask what I expect to get for them from members here or friends? Absolutely not, but I also do not think that what I am selling is something that anyone I know needs. It is just stuff idiots for whatever reason are willing to spend to much money on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, what if you let the people on Gunbroker or Ebay decide the price they are willing to pay for what you have? I am putting a few extra mags I have never used on Ebay tomorrow and let them decide what they are willing to pay for them. Would I ask what I expect to get for them from members here or friends? Absolutely not, but I also do not think that what I am selling is something that anyone I know needs. It is just stuff idiots for whatever reason are willing to spend to much money on.

That's entirely different, as it is an auction, and by that definition one cannot have issue with it. The price is generated by bidding. An auction does not abide by market controls. One person may be willing to pay well above a product's market value.

Edit: and to some degree people in our classifieds have been starting to get the hint. I've noticed more WTT postings than I ever have. "trade" is subjective, and though I think the WTT has surfaced to avoid the ire of many of our members, it's effective; but even that can be abused (i.e. 5 pmags for a lower)

Last edited:

landon7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Supply and Demand trump all. The seller's reputation will be remembered forever after the smoke clears..

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not saying the idea isn't smart, at least fiscally. Actually, speaking for the individual, it IS the smart thing to do. My contention is that it is ethically wrong if one believes that no AWB will be inacted, while selling their products at falsely inflated prices to people who do not. In effect, one is taking advantage of the system simply because they can.

There's nothing wrong with getting "what you wanted" out of something you own. And if a person had listed an Oly AR-15 at $2500 prior to this fiasco, he'd be ethically justified in his sale. I'm not talking about those people. I'm talking about the guy who had Rock River priced at $1200 one day, and $2400 the next. It is intellectually dishonest to believe that these persons don't understand this.

People cite correctly "supply and demand" economics to justify such sales. And while that premise is true, it's NOT Capitalism. I'll repeat that, it's NOT Capitalism. I referenced Laisse-Faire Capitalism earlier but apparently the thought was lost by some. The American ideal for our society is L-F Capitalism, which involves NO governmental control or influence on business. That is the cornerstone of true Capitalism. With this fiasco the govt has in effect swayed the market and created hundreds of little false "monopolies," or so the seller would have one believe, which "supply and demand" are reversed to "I demand this price because the supply is(or will be) finite." So in effect, sellers are exploiting favorable winds based on possible government policy and subsequent hysteria it created.

It's not illegal, and is fiscally smart, but it is 100% unethical.
    If you could convince a man with no legs to buy running shoes for himself, it would legal and fiscally smart, however, it would also be unethical.

Kut,

I largely agree with you but there's one common theme among those complaining about ad prices. None of their stuff is for sale at the prices they'd have everyone else charge. "It's gouging to list an $800 AR for $1200!" We'll then, where's their $800 AR listed for $800?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kut,

I largely agree with you but there's one common theme among those complaining about ad prices. None of their stuff is for sale at the prices they'd have everyone else charge. "It's gouging to list an $800 AR for $1200!" We'll then, where's their $800 AR listed for $800?

Good point.
    I have started into a build for the brother in law and am well along with it. I have all but the upper and it is coming soon from PSA. I got most of the parts for a fair price except the BCG and it was salty but fair enough with the current panic.
    I saw him New Years eve and he informed me his finances took a hit and will not be able to pay for the gun. I am into this one for around $900.00 when it is all said and done. I do not need another AR as the safe is currently full so you may see this one posted up at the invested price very soon. As with anyone I would love to make a home run profit on it but I am just a poor business man I guess.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Kut,

It was in the classifieds just a couple days ago! And sold in just minutes!

DPMS AR-15 sport (cheap!!!!)
    Heres the deal. I know there are several people on here complaining and I want to pay it forward so to speak. I have a brand new in the box DPMS AR-15 sport version (no dust cover no forward assist) I want this rifle to go to a good home for someone who was looking for an AR-15 who can no longer afford one and will not resell it for a profit. This rifle is brand new in the box with the tags still on it. I want $750 firm for it and no trades. Like I said please do not buy this rifle to re sell it for a higher price I want someone who doesnt have one to buy this rifle. No pics, in Shelbyville comes with 1 mag

Sold this morning and I think it went to a great home I
    Last edited by croy; 3 Days Ago at 09:29..

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The office is probably closed today, but you can call tomorrow and see if they have enough Junior ATF Agent badges for the mods, and maybe a few for other INGO members interested in restricting free trade between citizens.

You can't sell drugs on this forum... or sell NFA items without a stamp... why should INGO allow others to illegally sell here? Why would INGO even want to risk provide a platform for people to illegally sell here?

If someone was illegally making supressors and using INGO to sell them illegally would that be OK too? Hell, Ingo doesn't even allow talks of government upheaval on this site to avoid unwanted pressure from the DHS... why wouldn't they want to cover their ass for illegal profiteering?

As far as I know, you can't go purchse 4-5 stripped lowers with the sole intent of immediately selling them at a profit... yet people are pushing these boundaries.

Should these people be turned into the ATF? No... but at the very least, there should be a provision written to deter this activity.

Hell, there is a provision that says I can't put the words "will post pictures soon" in the Classifieds....

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You can't sell drugs on this forum... or sell NFA items without a stamp... why should INGO allow others to illegally sell here? Why would INGO even want to risk provide a platform for people to illegally sell here?

If someone was illegally making supressors and using INGO to sell them illegally would that be OK too? Hell, Ingo doesn't even allow talks of government upheaval on this site to avoid unwanted pressure from the DHS... why wouldn't they want to cover their ass for illegal profiteering?

As far as I know, you can't go purchse 4-5 stripped lowers with the sole intent of immediately selling them at a profit... yet people are pushing these boundaries.

Should these people be turned into the ATF? No... but at the very least, there should be a provision written to deter this activity.

Hell, there is a provision that says I can't put the words "will post pictures soon" in the Classifieds....

The "provision" is already there!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It was in the classifieds just a couple days ago! And sold in just minutes!

DPMS AR-15 sport (cheap!!!!)
    Heres the deal. I know there are several people on here complaining and I want to pay it forward so to speak. I have a brand new in the box DPMS AR-15 sport version (no dust cover no forward assist) I want this rifle to go to a good home for someone who was looking for an AR-15 who can no longer afford one and will not resell it for a profit. This rifle is brand new in the box with the tags still on it. I want $750 firm for it and no trades. Like I said please do not buy this rifle to re sell it for a higher price I want someone who doesnt have one to buy this rifle. No pics, in Shelbyville comes with 1 mag

Sold this morning and I think it went to a great home I
    Last edited by croy; 3 Days Ago at 09:29..

You're 1 out of how many?

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel

So you are equating selling an item that is clearly illegal to the incredibly vague concept of the intent of a seller of an AR-15. Are you going to be the judge of the intent of the sellers on INGO when they purchased the item that they are selling? Where does that end? Ban anyone who is selling for a price that you don't like because "they clearly bought this item with the intention of selling it!" I'm sorry, I can't abide that logic.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nothing wrong with making a profit.
    Nothing wrong with getting what the market will pay.
    Nothing wrong with your friends talking about it on a DISCUSSION forum.
    Boy, some of you fellers are sure sensitive about it though, aren't you?
    :rolleyes:

Top Bottom