• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So, I am sitting here watching FOX news, and of course the hot topic is the act of terrorism ("attempted") on the plane Christmas day. Lots of blame being placed. Lot of discussion in another thread right now. Cleaning up this problem should be pretty simple. When you buy a ticket if your name has more then 20 syllables then you get searched. My:twocents:s. Heck even my brother-in-law, Ali, agrees with me on this one.

"I'm sorry Mr. (coughing up a loogey sound) but can we please see you over in this line."

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    When you buy a ticket if your name has more then 20 syllables then you get searched.

Flight 175: Marwan Al-Shehhi, Fayez Ahmed, Mohald Alshehri, Hamza Alghamdi and Ahmed Alghamdi

Flight 11: Waleed M Alshehri, Wail Alshehri, Mohamed Atta, Abdulaziz Alomari and Satam Al Suqami

Flight 77: Khalid Al-Midhar, Majed Moqed, Nawaq Alhamzi, Salem Alhamzi and Hani Hanjour

Flight 93: Ahmed Alhaznawi, Ahmed Alnami, Ziad Jarrahi and Saeed Alghamdi

None of those names has more than 8 syllables. :dunno: Just sayin'.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Profiling.........HELL YES we should be doing it!

But how about this too, it is called "common sense"!
    It really wouldn't have required very much to see there "MIGHT" be a problem here!

A guy shows up at the ticket counter,
    buys a one way ticket,
    buys it with $3000.00 IN CASH,
    his name is Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalub,
    and, he has NO LUGGAGE!

:n00b:
    WTF!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Profiling.........HELL YES we should be doing it!

On another list to which I belong, someone mentioned sitting in the airport watching people boarding his flight, and making mental notes of who the potential threats might be and who he might be able to count on for assistance in case of a hijacking/terrorism/freaked-out passenger event.

My friend the Air Marshal replied "that sounds a lot like what we do before we fly, too..."

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Yes to profiling all fthe way. shooters521which list are you on. no fly?

It is amazing how authorities have not been doing it since 9/11. Wasn't that guy also on a watch list?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As an Israeli General said after 9/11, "the Americans look for weapons, we look for terrorists."

We cannot look for terrorists because of political correctness. Thus, we must subject 80 year old grandmothers flying from Tucson to Chicago to pat downs.:rolleyes:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Tell your friend.........THANKS for doing what needs to be done.
    Air Marshall, can not be what I would call a fun job, glad there are those that are willing and can do it!

Eh, there are only a few parts of being a FAM that aren't "fun".

Travel all over the world... make up "cover" stories with your seat mates... If you're in First Class, get to meet famous people... Get paid BIG MONEY to go shooting (and you will shoot well, or you won't be a FAM)

The only not-so-fun stuff my B-I-L does are the office-stuff and the time he's away from his family. That, and they can't sleep on the planes.

-J-

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    A few years ago I flew out through indy to Miami for spring break. I was wearing board shorts, BSU t-shirt, and a gym bag for clothes as carry on. The guy ahead of me was Al-whoknowswhat and wearing a turban on his head. I seen his ticket because the lady at the booth handed me his by mistake. I got checked and had to take my shoes off and he walked right on through ahead of me. I know it is wrong but I asked "what about him?" to the security guy. My buddy was laughing his butt off but to answer you...yes I do think we should profile.

M107

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Noblesville
    I use to fly all the time doing service for my job and alot of times I'd fly out the next day or the same day as the ticket was bought and they allways pulled me for extra attention every time.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    If I could choose between flying on two different airlines, one that used profiling as a security measure and one that did not, I would choose the one that used profiling. My personal safety is more important than somebody having hurt feelings.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    As an Israeli General said after 9/11, "the Americans look for weapons, we look for terrorists."

We cannot look for terrorists because of political correctness. Thus, we must subject 80 year old grandmothers flying from Tucson to Chicago to pat downs.:rolleyes:

Well, you know, those little old ladies are getting more and more radicalized now... oh, wait, I'm thinking of another demographic entirely. Woops. My mistake.:D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My wifes Grandmother has a stainless steel pin in her knee, and she always informs security of it when she flies....she always gets pulled aside and holds up everybody else for at least15 minutes while these cowboys make sure she is no threat. She's 86 yrs old and weighs maybe 80 lbs, meanwhile, I have stood and watched people of obvious middle eastern descent walk right on through with absolutely no second glances. Something is very wrong with the entire system, and sadly, this BS will continue.

Speed Kills

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    I say it's time we stop worrying about stepping on toes. If national safety is such the concern it should be, who cares who we **** off. It's time to man up, or stop flying period. Which one sounds more reasonable to you guys?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Well, you know, those little old ladies are getting more and more radicalized now... oh, wait, I'm thinking of another demographic entirely. Woops. My mistake.:D

Hey now them little ol ladies are dangerous, they'll beat the holy heck out of you with their canes, they're as bad as the Nuns with rulers if not worse, I'm more scared by them than any guy with a towel on his head and a vest full of pentex :eek:

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    When you walk into any area, do you check your surroundings? Do you take the time to make quick mental notes on whom you think you might need to engage? If you do, then you are profiling. Whether it is based on race, manner of dress, or even body language, it is still profiling. I have no problem with it, because more times than not, it is an effective tool to keep trouble at bay. And, if there are folks that disagree, that is fine. I would rather have someone assume the worst about me, and plan accordingly; than to do nothing for fear of "offending" me. At least if something does happen, there will be a better response / outcome due to the preparations involved.:twocents:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen

It is amazing the amount of harm some are willing to allow to be inflicted on generally other people, all in the name of some philosophical purity.

Top Bottom